Community Health Systems ("CHSPSC, LLC") is one of the leading operators of general acute care hospitals. The organization's affiliates own, operate, or lease more than 92 hospitals in 16 states, with an aggregate of approximately 15,000 licensed beds. The consolidated organization owns and leases community hospitals that offer quality, cost-effective healthcare including a range of inpatient medical and surgical services, outpatient treatment and skilled nursing care. In over 60 percent of the markets served, CHS-affiliated hospitals are the sole provider of healthcare services. CHSPSC, LLC seeks a Fixed Asset Coordinator for its Franklin, TN, headquarters’ Controller's Office team.
Summary: The Corporate Fixed Assets Coordinator role is responsible for managing the Fixed Assets of our Corporate entities. As part of this role the individual will be responsible for entering assets into our Fixed Asset software (SAGE), reconciling the data to the GL (MedHost), creating the journal entries and working with numerous departments within CHS to ensure that our Corporate Fixed Assets are recorded timely and accurately according to CHSPSC policies and procedures.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Capture the supporting documents for any General Ledger entries related to the assigned entities and accounts using Lawson/APIA Accounts Payable for vendor invoices and/or MedHOST for journal entries.
- Detailed review of Fixed Asset support ensuring proper application of CHSPSC policies and procedures.
- Enter additions, adjustments, disposals, and/or transfers monthly in SAGE Fixed Asset software.
- Calculate monthly Depreciation Expense for assigned Corporate entities and prepare necessary Journal Entries.
- Written explanation of General Ledger to Sub Ledger variances of assigned Corporate entities’ Fixed Asset accounts.
- Assist Fixed Assets Manager as needed, such as but not limited to meetings, phone calls and e-mail CHSPSC departments or vendors to understand projects they plan to or have implemented.
- Discuss with members of Materials Management, Financial Management Services (FMS), Supply Chain, and Facilities Management as needed regarding Fixed Assets issues so expenditures are properly accounted for in the correct entities and accounts.
- Review current reports and reporting capabilities to identify opportunities for improvement.
- Meet with representatives of Financial Applications and/or Supply Chain to address issues related to how the software is utilized to support fixed asset accounting.
- Understand sources of key data structures and the multi-dimensional relationship amongst these data structures.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field.
- Strong communication, organizational and customer service skills.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office or Google Suite.
- Experience working with Sage software is preferred.