The Wound Care Center Registered Nurse (RN) primarily provides patient care and handles intake and discharge processes for the Wound Care Center patients as scheduled. The position may also serve as a Case Manager to a group of assigned Wound Care Center patients, as assigned and depending on the Wound Care Center setup.
- Provides patient care to Wound Care Center patients and handles patient intake and discharge processes as assigned and according to the hospital and nursing standards
- May also serve as Case Manager to a group of patients as assigned. This entails:
- Performing the initial nursing assessment, communicating findings with the assigned physician, assessing the wound stage and measurements, documenting care plans, evaluating the patient’ status in regards to desired outcomes, and identifying patient care situations that require intervention
- Participating in quality improvement initiatives, providing education to the patient or caregiver, and serving as a patient advocate in the delivery and coordination of the patient care
- Performs hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBO) related duties as assigned, upon completion of hyperbaric training
- May perform hyperbaric safety director duties after completing the required hyperbaric safety director training
- Collaborates as needed with other healthcare providers, Wound Care Center Providers, the Program Director and the Medical Director regarding clinic and patient needs
- Performs other duties as required.