To assist with promotion and sale of memberships, programs, and services to prospective and current members. The Representative will works towards retention of membership, assists the Membership Coordinator with marketing initiatives/plans, and ensures completion of SMHFC collections policies.
To assist with promotion and sale of memberships, programs, and services to prospective and current members. The Representive will works towards retention of membership, assists the Membership Coordinator with marketing initiatives/plans, and ensures completion of SMHFC collections policies.
- Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Involved in development of Membership Promotions.
- Maintain monthly and quarterly sales quotas.
- Responsible for community outreach program.
- Assist with implementation of membership related special promotional events.
- Other activities of the membership associates, which includes, but is not limited to:
- Membership tours and communicating information about the facility and services.
- New membership sales, renewals and upgrades.
- Phone calls to prospective, current and cancelled members.
- Collection of past due accounts, Filing paperwork for new members and papers for changes to member’s accounts.
- Calling and mailing out letters for members who we need new credit card expiration dates for billing.
- Entering in all cancellation information and mailing out pre-typed letters.
- Mailing out letters for pre-paid account which are about to expire, as well as past due accounts before they go onto collections sheets
- Help develop and implement the member retention program.
- Assist current members with problems they may have.
- Must attend all scheduled sales meetings as practical and be able to represent the Fitness Center to the community as requested by the Membership Coordinator or Executive Director.
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist with the service desk as needed.
- Uphold all facility policies and procedures.
- Maintain client confidentiality.
- The employee may need to work early mornings, evenings, and/or weekends to ensure center goals are met.
- Primary responsibilities will include evening and weekend shifts.
- Assist with Creating a Monthly/ Quarterly/ & Annual Marketing Plan
III. Knowledge and Skills:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative, but is not limited to, the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be computer literate with proficiency in word processing, databases and desktop publishing. The ability to become proficient in Lotus Notes E-mail and Aspen membership software.
- Must have good organizational and communication skills.
- Excellent spelling and grammar skills required.
- Standard math skills necessary.
- Creativity a must.
- CPR certification required in the first six (6) months of employment.
- The ability to handle stressful situations and maintain confidentiality.
- Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or one years of related industry experience required.
- One years of sales experience or Marketing experience.
- Extent of Public Contact:
It is expected that the Membership Representive will have a great deal of public contact:
- Greeting and interacting with members, their guests, and potential members throughout the day.
- Assisting members with any problems they may have.
- Representing the Fitness Center in community functions and activities, including local professional business associations.
- Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and use hand to finger, handle or feel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
VII. Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.