The Occupational Therapist assumes responsibility to meet or exceed all established hospital and department performance indicators and assures that her/his actions are in a manner consistent with the mission, vision and values of La Porte Hospital / Starke Hospital and the Wellness and Rehab Department.
Occupational Therapist – The Occupational Therapist within the Wellness and Rehab Department assumes direct responsibility and accountability for the total care of a designed group of patients/clients. The Occupational Therapist provides occupational therapy examinations and treatments in accordance with established evidenced-based and best-practice guidelines, and in accordance with system, hospital and departmental policies and guidelines. The Occupational Therapist is considered a professional and takes responsibility for personal and professional growth; assumes responsibilities to promote and advance the profession within the professional and general community. The Occupational Therapist functions under the general supervision of the Wellness and Rehabilitation Department Management Team. The Occupational Therapist assumes responsibility to meet or exceed all established hospital and department performance indicators and assures that her/his actions are in a manner consistent with the mission, vision and values of La Porte Hospital / Starke Hospital and the Wellness and Rehab Department.
- Bachelor’s degree in occupational therapy required
- Master’s / Doctoral preferred.
- Experience in a relevant Occupational Therapy clinical role preferred, but not mandatory.
Licensure & Certification:
- Licensure as an Occupational Therapist in the State of Indiana.
- CPR required within 3 months of hire.
- Advanced certifications for specialty areas are preferred for position.
Essential Functions of the position:
- Assessment: Administers appropriate informal and/or formal evaluation procedures for all patient populations served.
- Planning - Develops treatment plan, goals and objectives based on analysis of the assessment and professional observations.
- Treatment - Utilizes appropriate treatment methods based on functional needs of patient.
- Education - Utilizes appropriate education and training to provide knowledge of illness and treatment needs as well as skills and behaviors that promote recovery and improve function.
- Documentation - Completes appropriate documentation and communication of all aspects of patient care including results of initial evaluation, plan of care, interventions, and response to interventions, changes in status, reassessments, education and discharge.
- Professionalism - Utilizes sound professional judgment based on knowledge, skill, education, training and experience.
- Clinical Application - Utilizes sound profession judgment based on knowledge of clinical practices, utilizing evidenced-based practice, and best-practice strategies.