Location SCRANTON, PA (Commonwealth Health EMS)
Responds to an emergency call, assesses the situation, obtains a basic medical history and physical examination of the patient, and provides emergency care at the scene and during transit to the hospital. Utilizes necessary medical equipment to treat the patient and ascertains the extent of their injuries or illness. Communicates with the medical care facility receiving the patient about the patient's condition, status, and arrival time. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Typically reports to a manager. equires a high school diploma, registration with the EMT National Registry, licensure by state EMS Authority, and 2-4 years of related experience. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field
Commonwealth Health EMS (CHEMS) is looking for a knowledgeable, professional Emergency Medical Technician who is able to provide emergency care to patients who are being moved from an active injury scene to a hospital, or being transferred from one hospital to another. The ideal candidate for this position possesses excellent patient service skills, is able to work well under pressure and make quick decisions about patient health. The successful applicant for our team must be familiar with all EMS equipment and ready to jump into their role from day one.
Commonwealth Health EMS is full of talented and detail-orientated medical professionals. The successful applicant will have plenty of opportunities to develop and exercise their valuable skills as they benefit the lives of others. As a compassionate EMT at Commonwealth Health EMS your dedication will be rewarded with plenty of growth and advancement opportunities. We are looking for someone who not only wants to make a difference but also has the determination and skills necessary to do so.
-Work closely with the dispatcher to determine the best way to respond to calls based on Commonwealth Health Priority systems and policies.
- Respond to emergency calls, assess patient condition and make critical care decisions quickly and accurately..
- Handle non-medical situations such as protecting the valuables of a patient if necessary.
- Collect pertinent patient care data and transfer that data to a medical professional based on guidelines and policy.
- Other Duties as Assigned by Commonwealth Health EMS Supervisors.
Qualifications and Skills
- High School Diploma/GED required
- Must possess a valid Pennsylvania Driver’s License.
- Current EMT certification
- Current CPR and First Aid Certifications.
- Current BLS Certifications
- Ability to remain calm and deliver quality care in high-pressure, high-stress situations
-Excellent verbal and written communications skills required
- One or more years of EMT experience
- National Registered EMT
- EVOC certification
- AHA First Aid/CPR