The Shared Services Center – Tucson is looking for a dynamic Patient Account Representative to join our team. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who will thrive in a collaborative, growth environment.
Remote opportunities available!
Sign on bonuses available, hiring now at competitive rates!
If you are a creative and flexible problem-solver who wants to be an advocate for our patients and be part of a passionate team in a dynamic industry, this job is for you.
Rewards for Doing Work That Matters – What’s in it for you:
- Spanish/English language differential of $1.00/hr.
- Open availability from 6:00am-8:00pm
- Cash bonuses (based on facility performance) up to $750.00 per quarter
- Health Insurance Benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Account, Short and Long Term Disability)
- Paid vacation days
- Paid sick leave
- Extra perks and discounts (discounts for shopping and entertainment, tuition reimbursement, adoption reimbursement, Employee Assistance Program)
- Promotional opportunities
- An employee-friendly environment focused on patient satisfaction
- Handles patient’s calls professionally with dignity and respect. Responds to telephone inquiries within (24) hours of the following scheduled work day in a manner that addresses the needs of the caller.
- Obtains all required billing information and completes all system modification required to ensure accurate billing on accounts.
- Active in collections of accounts, coordinating time payments and evaluating financial means.
- Clearly documents conversation with internal /external customer and action taken on accounts.
- Researches all incoming bankruptcy notices for appropriate handling and notifies agencies as applicable.
- Handles all address corrections immediately and modifies all required systems and accounts.
- Completes incoming correspondence, including calling the patient, documenting and resolution.
- Performs routine assignments independently and diffuses difficult situations without supervisor/manager intervention.
- Displays competency in health care billing requirement/follow up. Maintains current knowledge regarding assigned/related area by keeping up to date on communication, newsletters and resources.
- Displays competency in the use of department equipment, all computer software, fax, telephones and copy machine
- High School graduate or equivalent
- Two (2) years Hospital/Physician Business office experience to include knowledge of collections, EOB processing, and billing.
- Previous medical office experience including working knowledge of revenue cycle, medical terminology, and insurance claim filing experience
- Billing or other revenue cycle certifications