Quality Coordinator (RN)
Under the direction of the Transplant Quality Director, is accountable for quality of care for cardiopulmonary shock and ECMO related services consistent with applicable guidelines. Assesses patient outcomes, adverse events and staff compliance with related standards. Participates in clinical research data aspects of the ECMO and transplant team. Works closely with physicians, nurses and other health care professionals to facilitate functional IT needs. Responsible for maintaining software application and acts as the primary instructor for clinical staff on software functionality, new enhancements, etc.
Minimum Job Qualifications
Current state licensure as a Registered Nurse and certification in CPR (Cardio-pulmonary Resuscitation) within three months of date in position.
Minimum of three years of quality experience. Working knowledge of performance improvement and quality assessment methodologies and interpreting and operationalizing federal regulations. Prior experience in data management, design and transferring knowledge preferred.
Completion of a nursing program from an accredited school of nursing. Bachelor's degree preferred.
Job Knowledge & Skills:
- Demonstrates working knowledge of the English language, verbal and written.
- Requires strong knowledge of critical care nursing practice with knowledge of cardiac care, organ procurement and regulations impacting organ transplant program.
- Demonstrates understanding of the cognitive, physical, emotional and chronological maturation process in order to provide effective treatment for the aging adult population.
- Demonstrates a high level of organizational skills necessary to manage quality assurance and IT management for the transplant team.
- Demonstrates a high level of interpersonal and communication skills, verbal and written, necessary to interact effectively with all internal and external unit customers as needed.
An equal opportunity employer.