To provide maturity and leadership to all CHS Hospitals and Materials Managers regarding the day-to-day activities within the Materials Management functions of the company, with a focus on supply expense reduction and margin improvement enhancement, focusing operations improvement, patient charge maximization, supply and equipment utilization and contract compliance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the sourcing process for their assigned portfolio. Conduct market research, prepares bids and RFI, Strategy Development & Validation, RFP, negotiate contracts, and execute contract launch
- Manage supplier performance and leads quarterly business review processes including evaluating vendor compliance with contracts and managing vendor rebates; resolves vendor product or service issues
- Evaluate primary and secondary sources of supply to understand competitive landscape and identify opportunities for better pricing
- Manage internal communications across teams and work with key stakeholders and subject matter experts (i.e., legal, finance, operations)
- Draft and redline contracts for facilities.
- Develop and implement strategies/contract project plans that create leverage, mitigate risk, and anticipate the direction of the market
- Draft and present strategic plans to key stakeholders as well as facilitate SME teams to refine strategy and build consensus
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, or a related field
- Minimum 5 to 7 years in a supply chain healthcare setting in:
- project management
- value analysis
- purchase services with medical devices and supplies
- healthcare contracting
- Proven negotiator with successful track record
- Excellent time management and critical thinking skills; ability to prioritize
- Corporate experience in a multi-hospital setting; MMIS experience with Lawson, Medhost, PMM, Meditech, or Premier; experience with GHX and Healthcare GPO
Computer Skills Required:
- Advanced level of MS Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
In order to successfully perform this job, with or without a reasonable accommodation, the following are outlined below:
- The Employee is required to read, review, prepare and analyze written data and figures, using a PC or similar, and should possess visual acuity.
- The Employee may be required to occasionally climb, push, stand, walk, reach, grasp, kneel, stoop, and/or perform repetitive motions.
- The Employee is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions and; therefore, job functions are typically performed under conditions such as those found within general office or administrative work.