Position works within the Data Intelligence and Business Analytics (DIBA) team to define, deploy, operationalize and maintain data governance management solutions across the enterprise.
Community Health Systems is one of the nation’s leading healthcare providers. Developing and operating healthcare delivery systems in 44 distinct markets across 15 states, CHS is committed to helping people get well and live healthier. CHS operates 78 acute-care hospitals and more than 1,000 other sites of care, including physician practices, urgent care centers, freestanding emergency departments, occupational medicine clinics, imaging centers, cancer centers and ambulatory surgery centers.
Position works within the Data Intelligence and Business Analytics (DIBA) team to define, deploy, operationalize and maintain data governance management solutions across the enterprise. This individual will be responsible for structuring and implementing data governance products and programs, implementing and sustaining stewardship models to address data quality assessments and scorecards, performing ad hoc data metric reporting, orchestrating data domain owner/user engagement, and promoting/monitoring appropriate data usage throughout the organization.
This position is a corporate-level collaborator position that provides technical and operational support in the management and execution of clinical and operational data systems. It requires an in-depth understanding and appreciation for information, its capabilities, limitations, and the impact of implementing/sustaining data normalization/standardization on the enterprise data ecosystem.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Execute the day-to-day activities for the development of data management strategies, plans, tools and approaches to ensure successful implementation of data governance, data innovation projects, reports, dashboards and/or scorecards
- Lead the development of data quality assessments/readiness for various products/initiatives, coordinate and/or oversee data issue management; oversee issue gathering/definition activities or fact finding and resolution processes for scoped datasets/projects.
- Facilitates committees and working groups, coordinating communications related to data requests and/or issues, coordinates risk mitigation activities that result from data management and/or quality deficiencies/variances
- Coordinates development and implementation of data standards, shaping the vision and/or roadmaps for solutions that seek to leverage data and data services. Ensures communication between project/operations teams, analysts, developers and all of the affected departments during data product build/implementation, and ongoing operationalization.
- Use and support database applications and analytical tools, evaluate data quality, applications, and workflow functions. Informs workflows for data governance, data quality, master data, reference data, and data life cycle management
- Drives organizational data maturity through effective data literacy strategy development, delivering key educational sessions/workshops; formulates and implements tactics for sustained engagement of data leaders and data citizen community members
- Works with various stakeholders across the organization to make sure that all data elements have accurate business definitions and guarantees metadata is captured correctly. Creates/Maintains common data dictionaries and the tools or methods that support metadata curation processes.
- Works within data governance framework to educate the enterprise about best-practice data handling by upholding data stewardship models/networks through data management promotional programs, tools, or platforms.
- Maintain established data governance policies and standards of data assets for CHS data ecosystem. Coordinate/Support effective operationalization, documentation and maintenance of data management solutions to support end-user processes.
- Manage assigned projects to design, develop, and sustain data products and governance programs. Collaborate with stakeholders and project resources to develop a customized success approach, defining the tasks, resources, and estimated effort to complete a project.
Required Education: Bachelor’s Degree required in information management, systems engineering, or other clinical/healthcare background.
Preferred Education: Master’s Degree preferred in business administration, information management, systems engineering, or other clinical/healthcare background.
- 3+ years project management
- 3+ years data or information management
- 2+ years healthcare information experience
- 2+ years data governance experience
- 2+ years Agile/Scrum Methodologies
- 1+ years Google Cloud Platform exposure
- 1+ years metadata management experience
- Collibra Data Intelligence exposure
Preferred License/Registration/Certification: Project Management Professional (PMP), (CSM)Certified Scrum Master, Lean Six Sigma
Computer Skills Required: Knowledge in Google suite and Microsoft programs
In order to successfully perform this job, with or without a reasonable accommodation, the following are outlined below:
- The Employee is required to read, review, prepare and analyze written data and figures, using a PC or similar, and should possess visual acuity.
- The Employee may be required to occasionally climb, push, stand, walk, reach, grasp, kneel, stoop, and/or perform repetitive motions.
- The Employee is not substantially exposed to adverse environmental conditions and; therefore, job functions are typically performed under conditions such as those found within general office or administrative work.