We are seeking an experienced Registered Nurse for an Operating Room (OR RN) position. This is a PRN position working 1-2 shifts per week or as needed.
Located minutes from downtown Austin, Cedar Park Regional Medical Center is a level IV Designated Trauma Center with more than 600 healthcare professionals working together to provide inpatient, outpatient, surgical and emergency care for Cedar Park and the greater Austin region.
The OR is a 6-bed unit plus a 3-bed endoscopy suite offering a full range of surgical and endoscopy procedures, including orthopedic, urology, plastics, gynecology, podiatry, ortho/spine, vascular, pain and general surgery. Our highly skilled team of healthcare professionals is dedicated to keeping our patients and their family healthy.
We are seeking an experienced Operating Room Registered Nurse (OR RN) to join our team! This is a PRN position working 1-2 shifts per week or as needed.
- The Operating Room Registered Nurse (RN) evaluates assigned patients and plans, implements and documents nursing care
- Assists physicians during examinations and procedures
- Performs various patient tests and administers medications within the scope of practice of the registered nurse
- Promotes patients' independence by establishing patient care goals and teaching patients and families to understand conditions, medications, and self-care skills
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- May float within perioperative services as required
- May be required to cross-train across multiple specialties on an as needed basis
- Minimum of an Associate’s Degree in Nursing (ADN) from an accredited RN program. Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing (BSN) preferred
- Current license to practice as a Registered Nurse (RN) in Texas, or license with a compact state required upon hire
- American Heart Association (AHA) approved Basic Life Support (BLS) required upon hire. Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) and Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) required within 90 days of hire
- Minimum 3-5 years of procedural experience in an acute care hospital operating room setting required
- Orthopedic general surgery experience preferred
- Robotic experience a plus
- Team player with a strong commitment to providing superior patient care
- Must be flexible with high energy and desire to learn and grow
- Ability to be on-call during weekends, evenings and/or holidays
What We Offer
- Competitive Pay
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance
- Matching 401(k)
- Generous Paid Time-Off (PTO)
- Extended Illness Bank (EIB)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- RN Loan Repayment Program
- Clinical Ladder Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Rewards and recognition programs
- Additional perks and discounts