St. Joseph Hospital/Lutheran Downtown, quality, RN, Registered Nurse, PRN, hospital, healthcare
Under the direction of the Quality Manager or Director, is responsible for participating in and contributing to hospital-wide and departmental quality and regulatory initiatives. Coordinates implementation of the hospital QAPI programs with detailed focus on initiatives related to improving and maintaining a CMS 5 Star rating. Monitors and provides assistance with quality assurance and compliance functions. Provides consultation and direction to ensure programs and services are implemented at the highest standards and patients receive the highest level of care and maintain consistency with regulatory guidelines and hospital mission of care standards.
Minimal Acceptable Job Qualifications
Licensure: Registered Nurse license
Experience: Minimum of three years clinical/management experience in a hospital setting.
Education: Associate Degree in Nursing
- Requires knowledge and demonstrated leadership skills in design, implementation, and evaluation of performance improvement activities.
- Requires knowledge and experience with hospital regulations and standards – i.e., The Joint Commissions, CMS, ISDH, etc.
- Requires strong analytical and organizational skills necessary to ensure the deliverance of quality patient care through communication of outcome results and development of strategies for organizational improvement.
- Requires strong working knowledge of interdisciplinary planning, policy development and nursing practices as applicable to standards and regulations.
- Requires experience with auditing medical records, maneuvering electronic documentation systems, and analyzing data to identify root causes, trends, and/or system issues that could impact patient outcomes and/or regulatory compliance.
- Requires independent judgment, professional, responsibility, strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written in order to establish, promote, and maintain a positive working relationship with all internal/external customers.
- Provides direction and constructive feedback to initiate and facilitate department and hospital changes through performance improvement activities.
- Requires general working knowledge of the normal growth, development, related behaviors and needs appropriated to the age (pediatric – geriatric) and diagnosis of patients within the organization.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer