Nursing administration is a leadership role. Nurse administrators may not be involved with the day-to-day care of patients but rather are occupied with scheduling, managing budgets, overseeing nurses, writing reports, and ensuring a high quality of patient care.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overseeing the hiring, firing, and retention of the nursing staff
- Creating and overseeing budgets and approving spending
- Ensuring compliance with regulatory requirements
- Motivating and mentoring the nursing staff
- Ensuring facility service, budget, and resource records are accurate and current
- Overseeing and reviewing the work activities of the nursing staff
- Ensuring efficiency, cost savings, safety, and patient satisfaction goals are met
- Overseeing staff and administration meetings
- Preparing and presenting reports and data
- Addressing operational issues in a timely manner
- Attending committee and board meetings
- Collaborating with medical and academic partnerships in the community
- Overseeing fund-raising efforts, such as evidence-based research projects
- Overseeing the professional development of the nursing staff
- Current licensure by the State Board of Nursing of New Mexico or compact (multi-state) license
• Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
• Must meet the requirements for obtaining and maintaining life support certifications as outlined in the Life Support Certification policy
- Requires an associate's degree and is certified as a registered nurse
- Prefer Bachelor’s degree in Nursing. Familiar with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
- Each employee is responsible for implementing ENMMC Service Standards into their daily work:
Safety, Courtesy, Effectiveness, and Stewardship
Come experience the Land of Enchantment rich with history, culture, tradition, and the GREAT outdoor!
Eastern New Mexico Medical Center provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.