The Charge Nurse is responsible for the smooth and efficient patient flow within the clinic. Delegates
assignments and provides supervision for the support staff in accordance with their level of training and
the patient’s acuity. Works, in cooperation with medical providers to insure the quality of patient care.
Charge Nurse Responsibilities
- Record patients’ medical records and monitor vital signs.
- Supervising nursing staff and monitoring their needs.
- Coordinating daily administrative duties, including schedules, nursing assignments, and patient care.
- Overseeing patient admissions, transfers, and discharges.
- Mentoring and training new staff and providing support and guidance to all staff members.
- Monitoring medical charts and providing compassionate care and assistance to patients and families.
- Liaising with doctors and administrators and communicating any protocol changes to staff.
- Ensuring compliance with all health and safety regulations.
- Recording and maintaining accurate reports.
- Identifying issues or emergencies and responding in a calm and efficient manner.