Cath Lab Tech - Cardiovascular Technologists - La Porte - $10,000 Sign on Bonus
Cath Lab Tech - La Porte
$10,000 Sign on Bonus
Who are we?
Nestled in the county seat just off the shores of Lake Michigan in Northern Indiana, Northwest Health - La Porte has been the heart of healthcare in La Porte for more than 40 years. The hospital provides acute care with strong programs in cardiology, orthopedics, surgical services, emergency care, oncology, and maternal health
The Cath Lab Tech is responsible for the performance of radiographic procedures under the direction of the Cardiologist using imaging modalities at a technical level which does not require constant supervision. Technologists are cross-trained to perform a variety of cardiac or vascular procedures. The performance of testing assigned is dependent upon individualized, specialized training and requires independent judgment, ingenuity and initiative.
- High School Graduate required. Associate Degree or bachelor’s degree preferred
- Graduate of a school of Radiologic Technology preferred
- 1 years’ experience in an RTR environment with at least 1 years’ experience in Cardiac Electrophysiology, Cath Lab or Interventional Radiology preferred.
Licensure & Certification:
- Registered by the AART
- Licensed in the State of Indiana.
- BLS required.
- ACLS required within first six months of employment.
- Basic EKG Interpretation course completion within first six months of employment.
- Essential Functions of the Position – Performs radiographic procedures applying principles of radiation protection assuring optimal quality fluoroscopy with minimal radiation exposure to patients and caregivers, maintains appropriate records of radiation control, performs aseptic/sterile technique during invasive procedures, maintains equipment and supplies in area, functions in procedural areas as well as holding and clinic areas.
- Commitment to Purpose and Community Cares Standards of Behavior - Demonstrates a commitment to the organization's mission, vision and values supporting organizational decisions and behaviors. Contributes to the development and implementation of systems and processes ensuring strategic goal attainment. Actively participates, models and supports work aligned with the five pillars (Quality, Service, People, Finance, and Growth). Actively participates, models, and supports positive behaviors and transparent communications.
- Developing Expertise - Takes action to continue to develop and acquire new expertise that is of increasing value to the organization
- Relationships, Conversation and Collaboration - Works as part of a team with others, and shows respect and values diversity toward others.
- Service Orientation - Demonstrates efforts to discovering, meeting and advocating for the customer's needs. Actively participates to improve the patient experience.
- Excellence Orientation - Takes actions to continually improve quality and safety in daily work. Actively participates in improving work processes to meet and exceed customer requirements. Identifies opportunities for improvement based on process observation, outcome measures, and feedback from patients and other customers. Reports errors in a timely and appropriate manner. Takes initiative and is accountable for areas of responsibility meeting regulatory requirements including but not limited to maintaining annual TB testing, completing annual mandatories, and maintaining current registration/certification/licensures as appropriate to position requirements.
- Problem Solving - The ability to understand a situation by breaking it apart into smaller pieces or tracing the implications in a step-by-step way.
- Initiative - The identification of a problem, obstacle, or opportunity and proactively taking action to address current or future problems/opportunities.
- Impact and Influence - The ability to persuade, convince, influence, or impress others (individuals or groups) in order to get them to go along with or to support one's opinion or position. The key is to understand others, since Impact and Influence is based on the desire to have a specific impact or effect on others.
- Organizational Awareness - The ability to understand and learn the influence relationships in one's own organization or in other organizations (e.g., key stakeholders, suppliers, etc.). This includes the ability to identify who the real decision makers are; the individuals who can influence them; and to predict how new events or situations will affect individuals and groups within the organization.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Northwest Health is an equal opportunity employer and committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact
“To apply, please email email@example.com"