The Training, Development and Employee Health Coordinator is responsible for planning, developing, organizing and facilitating the training, development, and employee health to assist AHPC in meeting the requirements of Joint Commission and other federal state and local regulatory accrediting agencies. This position is also responsible for training and development for all staff, including RN, LPN, CNA and others as assigned. At least 5-7 years of previous experience in clinical nursing. Experience in health care management, preferred. Licensed as a registered nurse (RN).
The Training, Development and Employee Health Coordinator is responsible for planning, developing, organizing and facilitating the training, development, and employee health to assist AHPC in meeting the requirements of Joint Commission and other federal state and local regulatory accrediting agencies. This position is also responsible for training and development for all staff, including RN, LPN, CNA and others as assigned.
- Develops, plans, coordinates and/or conducts all related training programs for the hospital.
- Offers consultation to directors on available or recommended programs for professional development and education.
- Provides other training programs within the facility as directed by Director, Human Resources.
- Assists the HRD and CNO in developing a recruitment plan for nursing recruitment.
- Partners with local colleges to offer hospital assistance with nursing and other clinical rotations within the facility.
- Attends appropriate job fairs to assist in recruiting new employees.
- Must follow and enforce accepted safety practices for patients and AHPC. Must report hazards and initiate appropriate action.
- Ensures that the facility keeps abreast of safety instructional programs.
- Conducts all new employee health onboarding to include all physicians, anesthesia, and agency.
- Reviews immunization records, performs two step TB skin tests, fit tests, and orders titers when immunization records are not complete. Administers vaccine boosters when applicable, communicates with Human Resources when employees are missing information.
- Maintains employee health records.
- Administers counseling for needle stick exposures, education about blood borne pathogens, reviewing lab results with employees and recommending prophylaxis when needed, and communicates the incident to HR.
- Ensures that all employee health policies are accurate, maintained, and updated to remain compliant with federal, state, Joint Commission, and corporate regulations.
- Conducts annual fit testing and flu vaccination clinics for all employees, contract employees working on site, and clinical employees.
- Ensures reporting to NHSN regarding influenza vaccination rate of the staff, reports this information to service committee meetings as requested.
- Plans, prepares, and conducts COVID vaccine clinics on a monthly basis. Communicates with the Kay County Health Department on all vaccine needs. Records all vaccines administered into OSIIS. Maintain employee health records and update spreadsheets with said information on vaccination status.
- Reports weekly all facility COVID vaccination rate for all employed staff, doctors, contract doctors, agency, contract staff, and students. Maintains and communicates with nursing schools about COVID vaccine status for NHSN reporting and mandatory testing.
- Maintains records of all employee health testing per OSHA regulations. Counseling COVID positive staff on when they can return to work (Informs Department Head on the return to work date). As illness occurs, test employees with signs and symptoms or of known unvaccinated exposure.
- Maintains record and spreadsheet of routine testing for all clinical and hospital staff. Evaluates lab reports daily, informing staff of the need to retest. Communicates with department directors of those staff still left to do routine testing every Thursday. Report to the Directors and Administrative team the staff that have failed to test within their required testing period. Update corporate spreadsheet with number of daily tests, and number of positive tests.
- Observes professional ethics in maintaining confidential information acquired regarding personnel, financial, medical or employment of patients, families, and employees of AHPC.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The above statements reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the essential functions of this position as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.