Location SCRANTON, PA (Commonwealth Health EMS)
Provides advanced life support care to patients who are ill and/or injured. Transports and transfers patients and assesses the extent of an illness or injury to establish and prioritize medical procedures to follow. Applies artificial respiration or administers oxygen in cases of suffocation and asphyxiation, dispenses antiseptic solution to prevent infection, starts and administers intravenous fluids, and performs other emergency medical procedures during the ambulance ride. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. Typically reports to manager. Requires a high school diploma, registered with the EMT National Registry, licensed by State EMS Authority, and 2-4 years of related experience. Must be CPR certified. Familiar with standard conce
Commonwealth Health EMS (CHEMS) is looking for a knowledgeable, professional Paramedic who is able to provide emergency care to patients who are being moved from an active injury scene to a hospital, or being transferred from one hospital to another. The ideal candidate for this position possesses excellent patient service skills, is able to work well under pressure and make quick decisions about patient health. The successful applicant for our team must be familiar with all EMS equipment and ready to jump into their role from day one.
Commonwealth Health EMS is full of talented and detail-orientated medical professionals. The successful applicant will have plenty of opportunities to develop and exercise their valuable skills as they benefit the lives of others. As a compassionate paramedic at Commonwealth Health EMS your dedication will be rewarded with plenty of growth and advancement opportunities. We are looking for someone who not only wants to make a difference but also has the determination and skills necessary to do so.
-Work closely with the dispatcher to determine the best way to respond to calls based on Commonwealth Health Priority systems and policies.
- Respond to emergency calls, assess patient condition and make critical care decisions quickly and accurately.
- Administer drugs as appropriate and necessary via injection, intravenous procedures or oral administration under the direction of a physician.
- Handle non-medical situations such as protecting the valuables of a patient if necessary.
- Collect pertinent patient care data and transfer that data to a medical professional based on guidelines and policy.
- Other Duties as Assigned by Commonwealth Health EMS Supervisors.
Qualifications and Skills
- High School Diploma/GED required
-Must possess a valid Pennsylvania Driver’s License.
- Current Paramedic certification
-Current CPR and First Aid Certifications.
-ACLS course completion.
- PALS course completion
-Ability to remain calm and deliver quality care in high-pressure, high-stress situations
-Excellent verbal and written communications skills required
- one or more years of paramedic experience
- AHA ACLS
- AHA BLS