The Scheduling Specialist, under the direction of the Supervisor of Pre Access, schedules patient appointments, pre registers when applicable, and ensures that medical necessity has passed for Medicare patients.
SIGN ON BONUSES AVAILABLE, HIRING NOW AT COMPETITIVE RATES!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Schedule patient appointments within Cerner. These request may come from Physician offices, patient calls or scheduling work queue.
- Run report via Cerner for all Medicare patients that did not pass medical necessity. Follow up with Physicians office to obtain additional information needed to pass.
- Note all applicable scheduling information in Cerner or Powerchart (if applicable).
- Perform preregistration when scheduling patient appointment with patient.
- Collect any amounts due and process payments via RevSpring.
- High school degree or equivalent:
- Minimum of 6 months of scheduling or registration experience required
- Customer Service experience with multiple phone line experience preferred
- Previous experience in a medical environment preferred