$15.80 Starting Rate + Experience Credit Liaison between registration and ECC medical team. Under the direction of the Triage nurse provides visual assessment of patients to assist with the prioritization of patients, relays incoming and outgoing telephone calls, and operates multiple forms of communication media. Identifies and responds to “code” situations. Responsible for entering patient information into the computer system. Accountable for collection of co-pays. Monitors alarms and relays house wide alerts.
$15.80 Starting Rate + Experience Credit
- ____ Customer Service
- Greets all patients, family members and visitors with a smile and professionally.
- Demonstrates interpersonal skills necessary in order to interact effectively and professionally with patients, family members, and the health care team.
- Recognizes all clients within the ECC Lounge as primary customers, and facilitates an atmosphere that anticipates their needs.
- Makes sure that the family lounge is kept orderly.
- ____ Communication
- Provides prompt notification to the triage nurse of patient arrival by way of the walk in entrance.
- Informs patients/families of impending delays and provides frequent updates.
- Receives direct admit patients and informs the triage nurse of their arrival.
- Provide visual scan of patient upon presentation to assist triage nurse with prioritization. (Recognizes signs of pain, shortness of breath, bleeding, active laboring mother, etc)
- Facilitates a smooth flow, both ingress and egress of patients/visitors utilizing the walk-in entrance.
- May assign patients to triage area or quiet room as directed by triage nurse.
- Demonstrates good working knowledge of the computerized information system(s).
- Interviews patient/patient representative to obtain identification such as patient’s name, chief complaint, date of birth, social security number and primary care physician to obtain a quick ER registration.
- Assist with discharge process and attempts collection of amount due, while maintaining exceptional customer service skills. Attempts to schedule a follow up appointment for patient.
- Assist with completion of full registration process ensuring that complete and accurate billing information is obtained at every visit. Runs insurance eligibility and provides patient cost estimate. The employee will insure patient information is entered correctly before charge is allowed to post.
- Responsible for admissions/transfers and discharges to assure accurate bed status is maintained.
- Knowledge and completion of government forms as required by law.
- Completes clerical assignments as directed.
- Transfer and relay incoming telephone calls and place outgoing local and long distance calls.
- Provides approved hospital and patient status information, as well as directory assistance for outside callers.
- Operates public address system in order to page physicians, nurses and other hospital personnel upon request.
- Adheres to disaster, emergency, safety and fire policies and procedures in response to alarms, notices, codes, STAT calls and so forth by notifying appropriate hospital or outside agency personnel and specifying areas involved.
- Answers telephone promptly and triage telephone calls to determine need for care and direct information to the appropriate nurse or physician. Takes accurate telephone messages when nurses and physicians are unavailable.
- Assures wheelchairs are ready and available for walk-in traffic.
- Uses appropriate body mechanics when assisting patient in and out of chairs/wheelchairs/stretchers.
- Requesting help from the ECC medical team when necessary.
- Transports patient.
- Demonstrates the correct use and storage of wheelchairs and stretchers.
- ____ Patient Safety
- Demonstrates safe positioning and patient handling techniques.
- Assures all direct admissions or outpatients arriving through the ECC have identification bracelets placed on their person and parents have identification bracelets to demonstrate accountability for their children.
- Practices infection control by washing hands between patients and disinfecting equipment as Assures adequate supply of facial tissues, hand cleanser for use in lounge area.
- Can verbalize and demonstrate role in lock down procedures.
- Must be or become certified in CPR and remain current.
- ____ Privacy
- Works and communicates in a manner which is consistent with placing high value on patient’s right to privacy.
- Maintains patient modesty and comfort by properly covering the patient when transporting.
- Keeps patient information confidential at all times and conducts him/herself according to the standards and expectations of the Code of Conduct.
- Maintains high level of patient confidentiality in providing all aspects of Customer Service and record keeping.
- ____ Efficiency
- Demonstrates ability to adjust work pace to accommodate for changes in patient volumes.
- Ability to complete all tasks efficiently and accurately with appropriate follow through.
- Anticipates the needs of the medical team during periods of patient surge.
- Assists with registration and discharge processes.
- ___ Age Appropriate Competency
Demonstrates age appropriate competency skills and knowledge, displays ability to perform skills specific to patient population identified in unit specific skill list:
(Mark age specific of patients served in assigned unit)
_____Infant _____Child _____Adolescent _____Adult _____Geriatric
(Mark age specific of patients served in alternative units assigned)
_____Infant _____Child _____Adolescent _____Adult _____Geriatric
- Contributes to Kosciusko Community Hospital performance improvement plans.
- Assures protection and privacy of medical information as obtained through electronic, written or oral disclosure.
- Performs all other duties as assigned.
Must be a high school graduate or the equivalent. Medical terminology helpful.
Education and Formal Training Required:
Completed a Certified Medical Assistant program or 1st Responder course with up to date certification. If you don’t have the above you must obtain hospital certification for an ECC Registration Basic Medical Emergency Course within 180 days of employment
Prior patient care and direct customer service experience is preferred.
Must be able to lift 50 pounds and stand/walk 50% of the workday.
Must be able to type 35-40 wpm in order to use computer terminal and to timely enter patient data.
Must be able to work flexible hours including, weekends, holidays and/or overtime as needed.
Normal patient care environ