With a combined active medical staff of more than 540 physicians, 2,200 employees and 487 beds, Northwest Health is one of the largest health networks in Northwest Arkansas with five hospitals and over thirty clinics.
NW Arkansas is one of the fastest growing and most dynamic regions in America—a perfect blend of urban sophistication and small town charm. If you aren’t local and haven’t already discovered this, check out www.northwestarkansas.org to see why NWA keeps winning awards as a best place to live.
Join the Northwest Health Emergency Room and Urgent Care team! We are hiring now for our new facility in Bentonville West. This facility is a 24/7 free-standing Emergency Room and Urgent Care who provides care for both urgent and emergency needs under one roof. By having Emergency Center and Urgent Care under one roof, patients no longer have to decide what level of care they need and will only be billed for the level of care they need.
Would you jump at the chance to work in a collaborative, exciting environment with a fun team of professional clinicians? If so apply today. This state of the art, newly built facility, is located at 1580 E. Centerton Blvd. Bentonville, AR 72719.
Emergency Registered Nurse, RN Job Functions:
- Triage patients who present to Emergency / Urgent Care, prioritizing care based on the critical nature and severity of a patient’s condition.
- Assess patient condition through visual evaluation, medication reconciliation, and vital sign measurements such as: blood pressure reading pulse rate, respiration, and temperature throughout the course of a patient’s stay in the facility
- Plan/implement: set priorities for nursing action in a logical sequence according to patient's needs and formulate a plan of care by the appropriate selection of Nurse Practice Standards.
- Administer medication and partner with other members of the patient care treatment team in the provision of procedures, interventions, discharge or admission processes, as prescribed by the treating physician.
- Monitor patients for changes in condition and communicates timely and effectively with those involved in the welfare, care or treatment of the patient in compliance with applicable policies and regulations.
- Chart all patient medical history, contact information, condition, medications, and treatment as well as update the electronic medical record throughout the patient stay in the Emergency Department.
- Assist the physician on duty in the examination and treatment of patients.
- Perform phlebotomy duties, basic laboratory procedures, wound cultures, Point of Care testing, EKGs, application of splints and other care interventions within scope of practice and direction of the practitioner.
- Discharge patients post treatment. Complete discharge instructions and provide thorough education, and instruction, to the patient and/or caregiver.
- Other duties as assigned or required, which may include floating to Bentonville Main Campus
Emergency Registered Nurse RN Job Requirements:
- Minimum Education: Graduate of an accredited Registered Nurse Program
- Preferred: BSN
- Minimum Required: One (1) year recent Emergency Room experience (within the last 3 years)
- Preferred: Three (3) years of experience in Critical Care; Two (2) years experience in an Emergency Department.
Licensure / Certification:
- Minimum Required:
- Registered Nurse License issued by the state of Arkansas by date of hire
- ACLS - within 30 days of hire
- PALS and/or ENPC - within 30 days of hire
- Certification in Emergency Nursing (CEN)