This role will partner with various IT groups and functional groups to Architect Analytics solutions that are effective, efficient and fit for purpose by providing strong business capability focus and matching with analytics solutions both current and emerging.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
- Effective partnership and teamwork with business partners, IT teams and strategic vendors is a key success factor
- Will oversee and coordinate the reports reconciliation and future state design across the enterprise.
- Will partner with project leadership to identify and finalize the reporting scope. An experienced and strong leader is needed to act as the liaison between reports developers and the data management team.
- Will work with their consulting counterpart to plan and prioritize the reports development timeline meeting key project milestones.
- Will also drive reports development, testing, and final cutover in several waves utilizing both internal team members and their consulting counterpart's offshore team members where allocated.
- Will coordinate with the Master Data Management team to ensure final reporting metrics adhere to CHS policies and procedures.
- Possess a strong, balanced mix of Business Process Domain Understanding and Analytics Capability (“Versalist”)
- Continually scan the environment in a proactive manner to gain perspective on industry trends, Industry best in class KPI’s, leading practices and technology offerings to be equipped to bring to the attention of business engagement and business stakeholders.
- Have a strategic mindset with the capability of establishing a comprehensive yet pragmatic vision based on a strong base of analysis
- Strong understanding of Business KPI’s and Insight required
- Strong communication skills to effectively articulate Analytics vision coupled with influencing and leadership skills in order to lead people to achieve it
- Be the Platform owner for Analytics technologies that fall under the ERP banner
- Build and Maintain analytics architecture documentation
- Contribute to the definition and maintenance of Data Architecture
- Develop deep and broad business capability and domain knowledge to enable effective business analysis and requirements planning and enhance IT’s business acumen
- Review business requirements to ensure sufficient detail and clarity, collaborating with business partners to ensure that these are captured correctly with clear and complete understanding of data, process, people and technology implications.
- Ensure effective consultation with the various business partners (internal & external) in exploring and applying innovative “outside-in” solution ideas to address business opportunities and challenges
- Lead conference room pilots or proof of concept sessions for potential analytics solutions to elicit requirements with a strong focus on business KPI maturity to drive prioritization discussions
- Build and maintain effective relationships with a variety of stakeholders that include Business Function Leaders, Process Owners, Architects, ERP Solution Architects, peer Analytics leaders. and other IT leaders
- Develop and maintain effective, “trusted advisor” relationships with stakeholders – including senior leaders – in order to provide credible insight and advice about leveraging data & analytics for business effectiveness and competitiveness
- Work with business partners to understand their analytic needs, develop options and recommendations through close collaboration with data architects and development teams.
- Interact effectively with delivery teams to ensure business analytic requirements are understood and properly assessed to drive feasibility and play back outcomes to business partners
- Certification(s) or hands on experience working in or defining reports or 7- 10 years experience in a similar role
- BS/BA degree in IT, or equivalent level of work experience
- 7 -10 years of experience related to reporting on data (create, manage data quality, archive)
- 7 -10 years of experience in managing data for reporting out ERP systems
- 7 -10 years of experience related to ERP architecture preferably Oracle / Lawson (Infor)
- Experience related to data & analytics, data architecture, business process architecture and high-level analytics solution design
- Experience related to Tier 1 ERP’s preferably Oracle
- Experience and knowledge of end-to-end IT software development lifecycle from idea conception through planning, requirements, design, development, testing, deployment, support and transition into operations teams
- Ability to analyze complex business problems and evaluate solutions
- Ability to communicate technical solutions to business partners in a meaningful way
- Ability to oversee projects, manage resources and influence outcomes beyond line management structures
- Strong analytical, communication, time-management, facilitation, presentation, influencing and project/portfolio management skills
- Ability to conduct comprehensive cost/benefit, fit-gap and pro/con analysis
- Demonstrated experience in building effective “trusted advisor” relationships with business partners and IT colleagues using negotiation, mediation and influencing skills
- Demonstrated di