Certified Surgical Tech (CST) weekends - Weekend shift 7a-7p Saturday and Sunday with Holiday rotation per department with optional call. The call requires 30 minute response time.
Northwest Health - Certified Surgical Technologist
Who are we?
Northwest Health - Porter includes two hospital campuses as well as outpatient facilities serving Northwest Indiana. We endeavor to provide you and your family with appropriate and safe care in a friendly, welcoming environment.
As a healthcare provider committed to quality and compassionate care, Northwest Health - Porter emphasizes patient experience, quality outcomes, and respect for the dignity and comfort of our patients and their visiting family members.
Looking for Surgical Technologists from new grads to experienced surgical technologists to join our team! Our passion is to deliver the highest level of expertise using cutting-edge technology, giving Surgical Technologists at every stage in their career opportunity to grow, lead and mentor into more specialized areas of our OR team, close to home. Our highly professional team of Surgical Technologists, nurses, and physicians is committed to providing quality patient care with a family-centered approach.
- You will assist in preparing the operating room and perform assigned support duties during surgical procedures. You will assist in the turnover of the OR room
- You will check all instruments for workability prior to usage, displaying knowledge of the instrument and the content of the set.
- You will provide retraction of tissue and organs for optimal visualization with regard to tissue type and appropriate retraction instrument and/or technique.
- You will assist in maintaining hemostasis by direct pressure, use and application of an appropriate surgical instrument for the task, placement of ties, placement of suture ligatures, application of chemical hemostatic agents, or other measures as directed by the surgeon.
- You will assist with the resuscitation of a patient during cardiac arrest or other life-threatening events in the operating room
- You will perform any other duties or procedures incident to the surgical procedure deemed necessary and as directed by the surgeon
- Graduate of an accredited surgical technology program or completed a surgical technology program or completed a surgical technology program provided by the United States Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps or Coast Guard or the commissioned corps of the United States Public Health Service.
- Documentation of actively practicing surgical technology in a health care facility prior to July 1, 2009, certification (CST) by the National Board of Surgical Technology is required within 12 months from graduation date.
- Documentation of actively practicing surgical technology in a health care facility prior to July 1, 2009, will be accepted in lieu of certification requirements.
- CST certification required.
- 15 continuing education hours related to the practice of surgical technology must be maintained annually to continue employment. This is tracked within the department by management from documentation provided by the surg tech associate.
- CPR (cardio-pulmonary resuscitation) is required within three (3) months of the date in position and must be maintained current.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Northwest Health is an equal opportunity employer and committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact
Ryan at firstname.lastname@example.org