Community Health Systems is a leading operator of general acute care hospitals and outpatient care centers in communities across the United States. CHS affiliates own, lease or operate 83 affiliated hospitals in 16 states with an aggregate of approximately 13,000 licensed beds. Healthcare services are also provided in more than 1,000 outpatient sites of care including affiliated physician practices, urgent care centers, freestanding emergency departments, imaging centers, cancer centers, and ambulatory surgery centers.
CHSPSC, LLC seeks a Project Management Specialist for its Franklin, TN, headquarters’ Project Management Organization team.
Project Management Specialist Job Summary:
The Project Management Specialist has primary responsibility for ensuring the organizational goals are met on complex enterprise-wide programs and projects. The Project Management Specialist is responsible for understanding the purpose and scope of programs and projects and will plan, organize, manage, and control them across the enterprise. The Project Management Specialist will partner, collaborate and communicate with sponsors, stakeholders, and project team to ensure optimal project delivery.
Project / Program Oversight Responsibilities:
- Oversees a team of project managers, subject matter experts (SMEs) and analysts to ensure projects / programs are completed on time and to specifications
- Delegates work and assignments to project members based on expertise, work experience, and time constraint.
- Leads an interdepartmental project team to complete an programs and projects on time, to specifications, and with accuracy and efficiency
- Collaborates and gains acceptance from with program or project sponsor for scope and schedule baselines and changes
- Provides robust communication and status to stakeholders on a planned and reliable cadence
- Formulates the program & project plans, in accordance with the goals and timing set by sponsor or charter
- Leads an interdepartmental project team to collect and document business requirements, define scope statement establish WBS deliverables, milestones, activities and project schedule
- Specifies the staffing of the project, resources required, anticipated costs, risk assessment, and quality standards to be used
- Ensures tasks and deliverables are appropriately assigned
- Plans, tracks and manages activities and milestones throughout the program and/or project lifecycle
- Coordinates current state gap analysis as needed to ensure optimal post project adoption
- Conducts cost analysis, estimating expected costs for the project
- Prepares and implements a budget based on estimates
- Conducts risk assessments; reports identified risks to stakeholders; provides recommendations for risk responses and calculates contingency reserves for risk response
- Provides day-to-day direction for core team, meeting with members as needed to ensure timely project milestone delivery and effective cross-functional team collaboration
- Closely monitors and controls program/project issues to ensure minimal impact to delivery
- Collaborates with program/project team and stakeholders on issue resolution
- Addresses questions, concerns, and/or complaints throughout the project
- Acts as a liaison between company, sponsor, stakeholders, customers, and vendors
- Communicates and collaborates with business partners to ensure training and dissemination of information required to promote and sell new projects, programs, and systems
- Coordinates with QA team to ensure appropriate testing occurs
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, local, industry, contractual, and company regulations, standards, specifications, and best practices
- Effectively applies program/project best practice methodology and enforces standards
- Maintains up-to-date program/project related documentation of all member requests, concerns or activities including all agendas, meeting minutes, notes or action items from member meetings, calls and other communications
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Minimum ten years experience leading and managing large, complex, multi-facility, enterprise-wide projects
- Minimum five years experience leading and managing large and complex programs in a large multi-facility environment
- Demonstrated competence forming, organizing, and leading teams from initiation to implementation
- The ability to lead by influence
- Healthcare industry experience required
- Minimum ten years experience leading the implementation of complex enterprise wide projects
- Exceptional collaboration, listening, written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong facilitation skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong leadership skills
- Strong presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Strong experience in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint, or Google Docs, Sheets and Slides
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
- Thorough understanding of or the ability to quickly learn about the project or product being developed
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Ability to motivate groups of people to complete a project in a timely manner
- Bachelor's degree in related field, which may include Computer Science, Business, or Engineering, or equivalent mix of education and experience required
- PMP and/or comparable project management certifications highly preferred
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on computer