Respiratory Therapist, Fort Wayne, Indiana, Lutheran Hospital
- The Respiratory Clinician 2 is under the immediate supervision of the Cardiopulmonary Team Specialist.
- The Respiratory Care Clinician 2 is responsible to administer routine Respiratory Care and life support services to hospital guests.
- They are also to have the role of phlebotomist throughout the house.
- They are responsible for cardiopulmonary services.
- They are also responsible to attend high risk deliveries.
- Current Indiana Respiratory Care Practitioner license and NBRC certification as RRT or CRT credentialed prior to July 1, 2002.
- BCLS required within 30 days of hire.
- Phlebotomy within 60 days of hire.
- ACLS required within 90 days of hire.
- NRP required within 90 days of hire.
- PALS required within 1 year.
- STABLE prefered, but not required
- One to two years of progressively more responsible experience performing respiratory care procedures.
Education: Graduate of a CoARC accredited Respiratory Therapy program or equivalent accreditation.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of hospital theme.
- Demonstrates strong working knowledge of respiratory care, cardiopulmonary diagnostics and procedures, equipment, techniques utilized and applicable regulations.
- Requires general working knowledge of the normal growth, development, related behaviors, needs, comforts, and range of treatment appropriate to the age (including neonate, child, adolescent and aging adult) and diagnosis of guest served to support the provision of an individualized multidisciplinary plan of care.
- Requires strong leadership, analytical and organizational skills necessary to evaluate testing, therapeutic modes, participate in the development and maintenance of department policies, procedures and quality monitors.
- Demonstrates well developed interpersonal and communication skills in order to establish and maintain positive therapeutic working relationships with all internal and external customers as needed.
- Must be able to accept responsibility, make independent decisions and interact with professionals.
- Must have the ability to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
- Serves as preceptor to orientees and students.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer