Paramedic - Lutheran Ground
Full-time: .9 FTE (36 hours per week)
LUTHERAN GROUND PARAMEDIC (POTENTIAL FOR CROSSTRAIN TO FLIGHT WITHIN 1 YR)
- Under the immediate direction of Lutheran Air-Lutheran Ground Director/Manager/Supervisor or other designated clinical management as assigned, identifies the needs and priorities of the patient requiring transport. Plans priorities of care based on patient needs, executes therapeutic physician or nursing interventions and evaluates the patient’s response to care.
MINIMAL ACCEPTABLE JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Current Indiana State Licensure as a Paramedic
- Current CPR (BLS HCP) and ACLS.
- Within 1 year of hire, completion of Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) and Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP), Prehospital Trauma Life Support (PHTLS) or equivalent certificate and additional state licensure as Paramedic (National Registry Certification required for additional state licensure).
- Current vehicle driver’s license. Must meet present hospital insurance carrier’s minimum requirements acceptable under the insurability guidelines related to driving hospital-owned vehicles.
- Ambulance operators are required to complete defensive driving training program that is developed by the provider or outside agency. The training must include an Emergency Vehicle Operations Course (EVOC) or equivalent, which consists of at least 4 hours of reviewed ambulance driving under emergency conditions.
- Three years Paramedic experience in busy 911 service.
- Quality of previous experience, prior professional or technical experience with relative scope, service, and similar environment will be considered.
- Minimum of a high school diploma or its equivalent (GED)
- Completion of State approved Paramedic program with current Paramedic certification.
- To safely operate within the weight specifications of the aircraft, it is recommended that each staff member not exceed 230 pounds in weight in uniform and boots. Weight will be assessed annually.
Equal Opportunity Employer