Mountain View Regional
Location Las Cruces, NM (Mountain View Regional)
Department Emergency Services
Assists RNs and physicians in the delivery of patient care through the nursing process assessment, diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation. Collaborates with other professional disciplines to ensure effective and efficient patient care delivery and the achievement of desired patient outcomes. Functions under the supervision and direction of a registered nurse with direction of the nursing and medical director. Paramedics may perform patient care functions in accordance with their scope of practice under State law and in accordance with the MountainView Regional Medical Center policy/procedure titled "Role of EMTs and Paramedic in the Hospital Setting" (PolicyStat ID: 95860) Only paramedics who have graduated from an accredited program in paramedic science and have a current state certification and/or license will be hired in the Emergency Department.
Education: High School Diploma or GED; Completion of EMTP program
• Licensed paramedic
• One year experience
• Critical Care Paramedic preferred
• Current New Mexico EMTP License and/or National Registry Certification (NREMT-P)
• Current BLS (Basic Life Support) required, must be acquired within 30 days of hire
• Current ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) required, must be acquired within 30 days of hire?
• Current PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support) required, must be acquired within 30 days of hire
• TNCC, PHTLS, and ITLS preferred