PRN - Medical Laboratory Scientist, Medical Technologist, Medical Laboratory Technician, Clinical Laboratory Technician
- Under the immediate direction of designated laboratory management, performs a variety of analytical determinations on body fluids and tissue samples using established and approved protocols which require the broad exercise of independent judgment and responsibility with minimal technical support.
- Serves as a technical resource to medical laboratory technician staff.
Minimal Acceptable Job Qualifications
- Minimum requirements are consistent with CLIA regulatory requirements.
Job Knowledge & Skills:
- Requires in-depth knowledge of laboratory testing, reporting procedures, specimen collection and processing, in addition to the operation and maintenance of related equipment in order to perform a variety of analytical tests on patient specimens and provide clinical guidance to technician staff.
- Requires general working knowledge of the normal growth, development, related behaviors, needs, and comfort appropriate to the age (including neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric) and diagnosis of patients served to support the provision of an individualized multidisciplinary plan of care.
- Requires strong analytical and organizational skills in order to conduct a variety of in-depth laboratory tests on patient specimens and maintain related documentation.
- Requires an understanding of the role of the laboratory in providing excellent patient care. Understands the responsibility of the laboratory to provide accurate and timely information to assist in positive patient outcomes. Understands the importance of maintaining working relationships with other staff members in the laboratory and the hospital.
- Demonstrates working knowledge of the English language, both verbal and written.
- Demonstrates well developed interpersonal and communication skills necessary to interact effectively with all internal and external unit customers, as needed.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Lutheran Hospital is an equal opportunity employer and committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status.