*Student Intern (Current Nursing Student), PRN Cardiovascular Intensive Care (CVICU)
22 ICU Beds & 20 Step Down Beds (float between both)
Schedule: PRN - Varied Hours and Shifts - Flexible around school schedules
- Under the direct supervision of unit leadership and/or a clinical nurse, performs and assists with patient care as part of the learning experience of becoming a nurse for a maximum of 12 hours per week.
MINIMAL ACCEPTABLE JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation Certification) within three (3) months of hire
- Currently enrolled (and in good standing) in an accredited nursing program - Students are typically in their final year of nursing school and within 1 year of graduation.
- Successful completion of approved clinical nursing courses, i.e. Med/Surg 1 or equivalent and Pharmacology. Transcripts of classes must be provided.
- Successful completion of unit required education classes (ie: Intro to EKG, etc.) Must complete within the first 30 days of hire date.
- Must successfully complete the entity's Medication Proficiency Test (85% or above score) in order to administer PO, SQ, IM medications.
Equal Opportunity Employer