Physical Therapist - Outpatient. May be asked to travel to other locations on occasion.
Days-Full time position -
No evenings or weekends. Full benefits consisting of medical, dental, vision, 401K with company match, and PTO. Mentorship available. New graduates welcome to apply!
Physical Therapist - Optimum Performance Therapy - Outpatient Orthopedics - The Orthopedic Hospital
- Under the immediate direction of the Therapy Operations Manager or other designated management, functions as staff Physical Therapist Registered (PT) with responsibility for the provision of age appropriate services for adolescent, adult and geriatric patients including assessment; direct treatment to individuals and groups; supervision of treatment delivered by the PTA; provision of patient and family instruction; participation in family and team conferences; evaluation and selection of adaptive equipment; participation in quality improvement programs; documentation of services according to hospital and departmental standards.
- Graduate from an accredited school of Physical Therapy.
- Demonstrates strong working knowledge and skill experience with a variety of diagnostic groups including, but not limited to, the following: orthopedic and arthritis related conditions; neurological groups including CVA, TBI, degenerative neurological diseases, SCI; generalized weakness as a result of medical or surgical conditions including DM, ESRD, amputation, COPD, CHF, CABG, etc.
- Successful completion of National Examination, endorsed by the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA).
- Proof of valid license from Indiana Professional Licensing Agency (IPLA) or eligibility for registration with IPLA.
- Recent graduates who have applied for the registration examination may be considered for provisional appointment.
- Must obtain and maintain CPR certification within 30 days of hire.
- Demonstrate thorough knowledge of human growth and development, anatomy, physiology, pharmacology, orthopedics and kinesiology; current methods, techniques and purposes of physical therapy care.
- Demonstrate a high level of interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written,
- Abide by the standards of practice as outlined by state and national associations
- Strong analytical and organizational skills in order to review physician orders, assess functional status, develop treatment plans, evaluate and maintain related documentation in outpatient orthopedics.
- Delegate and supervise physical therapist assistants.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited American Physical Therapy Association school.
- Valid Indiana Physical Therapy License
- No specific experience required for this position.
- Prior orthopedic and sports experience is a plus.
- Manual therapy, CSCS, ATC, board certification (OCS, SCS) is a plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer