0.8 FTE pharmacist with Clinical Focus
- Under the general leadership of an assigned Manager, a Pharmacist prepares and dispenses medications following medication orders issued by physicians.
- Performs pharmacy clinical functions
- Provides education about drug therapy and pharmacy services for hospital staff, physicians, and patients.
- Monitors drug therapy and utilization; and maintains a pharmacy drug information service for patients, staff, and physicians.
- A Pharmacist is responsible for the distribution of pharmaceuticals in a safe and effective manner.
- A Pharmacist provides leadership and guidance to technician staff.
- A Pharmacist makes decisions about a patient’s drug therapy based on information provided by the physician, nurse and other care givers and based on other information available from numerous sources pertinent to the decision making process.
Minimum Job Qualifications
- Licensed to practice Pharmacy in the State of Indiana. Candidates eligible for licensure to practice Pharmacy in the State of Indiana will be considered.
- Licensure in Indiana must be obtained within 6 months from the date of hire. Duties will be restricted until licensed and a licensed Pharmacist must oversee the Pharmacist eligible for licensure.
- BCLS (Basic Cardiac Life Support) within 90 days of start date in position.
- ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) a plus.
- Clinical focus--Critical care experience preferred
- New pharmacy graduates will be considered.
- Graduate of an accredited college of Pharmacy with a B.S. Or Pharm.D. Degree.
- Candidates for graduation who will graduate with a B.S. In Pharmacy or Pharm.D. Degree within 30 days of date hire will be considered.
Equal Opportunity Employer