Registrar – Patient Registration
STATEWOOD EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT
Patient Financial Advocate
Weekend Days - Part Time
- Under the leadership of assigned Patient Access management, receives, collects and records information from patients in order to complete registration for hospital services.
- Coordinates admissions process and communicates with physician offices, nursing and other service areas to promote timely and accurate registration process.
- Verifies insurance benefits, obtains pre-authorization/pre-certification when necessary, assesses need/eligibility for financial assistance, collects applicable co-pays and/or deductibles.
- Provides support in assisting patients and family members with resolution of all their financial needs by establishing payment arrangements or financial assistance determination. Includes bank loans, payment-in-full settlements, Medicaid eligibility assistance and charity application processing.
- Promotes patient satisfaction, serving as a liaison on behalf of hospital and patient.
Minimal Acceptable Job Qualifications
- Course work or training in basic computer keyboard use.
- One year of work experience which includes performing financial transactions in a healthcare setting or a minimum of three years of customer service experience required.
- Prior patient admitting, managed care, patient billing, or contracting experience a plus but not required.
- Minimum of a high school graduate or equivalent (GED)
- Additional course work a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer.