Oversees the monthly scheduling process, daily staffing sheets, interaction with nurse staffing agencies, compliance with payroll policies, and record keeping related to licenses and validation of clinical competence. Assures schedules provide adequate numbers of competent staff to meet patient care needs.
High school diploma or equivalent. Minimum of one-year experience.
- Under the direction of nursing leadership, establishes and maintains the nursing scheduling function to ensure the efficiency of 24-hour staffing coverage, floating and proactive scheduling.
- Collaborates with nursing leaders and CNO regarding variances and ongoing scheduling needs for consistency with staffing policies, matrices, patient census, and budget.
- Provides ongoing reports of staffing activity, as requested.
- Under the direction of nursing leadership, provides daily timecard editing and reconciling of nursing department employee timecards.
Minimal Acceptable Job Qualifications
- High school graduate with two years of experience providing support in a customer service or related office environment.
- Additional education, clinical experience, or experience in a healthcare environment helpful.
Job Knowledge & Skills:
- Demonstrates working knowledge of the English language, verbal and written.
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of office operations and related policies/procedures, computer applications and business communications.
- Requires strong analytical and organizational skills to effectively maintain work process flow in a dynamic environment.
- Requires a strong level of interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written, to effectively. Interact with nursing leaders and other unit customers.
Equal Opportunity Employer