- Under the supervision of the Perfusion Supervisor, provides for support, treatment, measurement or supplementation of the cardiopulmonary and circulatory systems of the patient.
- Operates extracorporeal circulation equipment during any medical situation where it is necessary to support or replace the patient's cardiopulmonary/circulatory function and ensures proper management of physiologic functions by monitoring the necessary variables.
- Is responsible, in consultation with the physician, for selecting the appropriate equipment and techniques to be used.
- May be administratively responsible for supplies and equipment, assuring periodic maintenance of same and assisting with inventory control/re-ordering.
Minimum Job Qualifications:
- American Board of Cardiovascular Perfusion (CCP) Board certified or eligible.
- CPR (Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation) within three (3) months of hire
- Completion of a bachelors degree in applied sciences from an accredited school. Graduate of an accredited school of perfusion.
Job Knowledge & Skills:
- Demonstrates working knowledge of the English language, verbal and written.
- Demonstrates thorough working knowledge of multidisciplinary care planning, as well as nursing procedures, equipment utilized and strong knowledge of applicable regulations of a particular patient population; i.e., cardiac care, med surg, etc.
- Requires strong working knowledge of the normal growth, development, related behaviors, needs, comfort, and range of treatment appropriate to the age (including neonate, child, adolescent, aging adult) and diagnosis of patient served in order to support the provision of an individualized multidisciplinary plan of care.
- Requires strong analytical and organizational skills to prepare and maintain various documentation/reports, supervise activities of staff and ensure compliance with hospital policies and procedures.
- Requires leadership, group cohesion and communication skills, verbal and written, to establish and maintain positive therapeutic/working relationships with all internal and external unit customers, as needed.
Equal Opportunity Employer