Nursing Student Intern - MSIC (Medical Surgical ICU) Full-time
- MSIC has 34 beds (Neuro/Trauma)
- Medical Surgical ICU that specializes in neuro and trauma critical care
- We are a comprehensive Stroke Center and a Level 2 Trauma Center
Start your career Lutheran Hospital in an ICU! If you are 1 year or less away from graduation, you will benefit from this position. We offer 1 shift per week orienting directly with an RN! This is such a great opportunity for early progression of your career.
- Under the direct supervision of an RN, Student Intern performs and assists with patient care as part of the learning experience of becoming a nurse for a maximum of 12 hours per week.
- Currently enrolled in a nursing program, maintaining education requirements of the nursing program, and have an anticipated graduation date within one year.
No experience is required. Lutheran Health Network Entities will provide formalized training classes.
- High school diploma or its equivalent (GED)*
- Currently enrolled (and in good standing) in an accredited nursing program. Students are typically in their final year of nursing school and within 1 year of graduation, transcripts of classes must be provided.
- Successful completion of unit required education classes (ie: Intro to EKG, etc.) Must complete within the first 30 days of hire date.
- Must successfully complete Lutheran Hospital’s Medication Proficiency Test (85% or above score) in order to administer PO, SQ, IM medications during orientation
- CPR- within 7 days of hire
Equal Opportunity Employer