New RN Rates Sign On Bonus
Full-time RN - Interventional Radiology (IR) 7:30a-4:00p
Day shift with call 1 night every week and every 5th weekend
Adding NEW IR Procedural Suite w/ 3 new procedure rooms (finish 2023)
High-Level Interventional Radiology Lab - perform emergent procedures to support our Comprehensive Stroke Center Accreditation and trauma services - also perform a vast array of IR procedures on Lutheran Hospital outpatients and inpatients
Weekdays: 4p-7a next morning
Weekends: 4p on Friday - 7a on Monday
100% licensure/certification reimbursement, Tuition Reimbursement, and up to $20K for student loan payments.
- Under the immediate direction of the Nurse Manager, Interventional Radiology, assists physician and medical team in preparing patients and performing interventional radiology procedures through monitoring duties.
- Monitoring duties include providing physician ordered moderate sedation and analgesia, assessment and management of patient's condition and vital signs during procedure, and taking appropriate measures to keep patient hemodynamically stable.
- Nurse needs to be familiar with caring for acutely ill intensive care patients and titrating intravenous medications.
- Interventional Radiology nurse develops expertise in the care of a specific patient population/nursing diagnosis.
- Interventional Radiology procedures include (but aren't limited to) the following: embolization of acute bleeds, cerebral/carotid angiogram and intervention, acute stroke intervention (ischemic and hemorrhagic), chemo embolization, tumor embolization, fistulagram with intervention, placement of dialysis catheters, vertebroplasty/kyphoplasty, peripheral angiogram with intervention, arterial and venous lysis treatment, inferior vena cava filter placement/retrieval, infusaport placement/removal, and tunneled catheter placement for long term infusions.
- Once the nurse acquires and feels comfortable with monitoring procedures, the opportunity for scrubbing cases with the physicians will be evaluated. Needs to acquire PALS certification within the first year.
Minimal Acceptable Job Qualifications
- Current state licensure as a Registered Nurse
- CPR (Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation) within 3 months of hire
- ACLS Certification
- Needs to acquire PALS certification within the first year.
Equal Opportunity Employer