The CT Technologist II prepares imaging exam rooms and operates imaging equipment to acquire quality CT & x-ray images as ordered by the physician.
- Performs CT & x-ray exams to department standards by following protocols for correct positioning and technique to obtain optimum imaging and maintain patient comfort and safety.
- Assures safety of patient by utilizing safety questionnaire & consent forms prior to image acquisition to ensure proper patient and pregnancy identification are performed.
- Informs patient about exam and provides pre/intra/ post exam instructions.
- Prepares and injects contrast material using proper sterile technique.
- Provides transportation for patients to & from department using wheelchairs, stretchers and/or beds, as necessary.
- Ensures accurate documentation in medical record of patient and exam history pertinent to imaging exams being performed.
- Maintains work area in a constant state of readiness
- Performs additional tasks related to CT & x-ray exams with proficiency, as necessary.
- Follows all facility policies and procedures.
- High school graduate or GED equivalent.
- Technical training / certificate or A.S. degree in Radiologic Technology or related field.
- Documented training and/or experience operating CT equipment.
- Preferred: 6 months CT experience
- Current General Radiographer license issued by the State of Florida Bur
- Current American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) for Computed Tomography (CT) and Radiologic Technology (RT-R)
- BLS certification with American Red Cross or American Heart Association upon hire.