- Under the leadership of assigned Patient Access management, receives, collects and records information from patients in order to complete registration for hospital services.
- Coordinates admissions process and communicates with physician offices, nursing and other service areas to promote timely and accurate registration process.
- Verifies insurance benefits, documents pre-authorization/pre-certification when necessary, assesses need/eligibility for financial assistance, and collects applicable co-pays and/or deductibles.
- Provides support in assisting patients and family members with resolution of all their financial needs by establishing payment arrangements or financial assistance determination. This includes partial payments, payment-in-full settlements, Medicaid eligibility assistance and charity application processing.
- Promotes patient satisfaction, follows community cares standards serving as a liaison on behalf of hospital and patient.
Minimal Acceptable Job Qualifications
- Minimum of two years of experience which included a combination of customer service and financial transaction experience.
Prior patient admitting, managed care, patient billing, or contracting experience a plus but not required.
- Minimum of a high school graduate or equivalent (GED)
- Additional course work a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer