- Under the immediate supervision of designated unit management, clean various areas of the hospital following established procedures as determined by hospital standards and regulatory agencies.
- Demonstrates an awareness of and adherence to safety & legal requirements established at the facility with an emphasis on maintaining a safe & clean environment for all persons working in the facility, with consideration to age specific (Infant/Neonate, Child, Adolescents, Adults, Geriatric) patients.
- Six months of experience performing industrial and /or institutional cleaning services.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Should present a positive and professional image.
- Must have ability to communicate effectively with individuals of age, ethnic, and disability categories.
- Demonstrates use of the English language, both verbal and written to interact/communicate with patients, visitors, employees and read chemical/hazard labels on cleaning supplies.
- Demonstrates basic understanding of cleaning mechanics and tools utilized in the housekeeping department. Includes but not limited to, automatic equipment used in housekeeping , floor machines, collection, transport, and processing of classified trash, bailing of cardboard, trash compacting, sterilization of biohazard material, packaging of biohazard and hazardous material for shipment.
Equal Opportunity Employer