- Under the leadership of the Patient Access Management Team, receives, collects and records information from patients in order to complete registration for hospital services.
- Coordinates admissions process and communicates with physician offices, nursing and other service areas to promote timely and accurate registration process.
- Responsible for promoting patient satisfaction.
Minimal Acceptable Job Qualifications
- 6 months to one year prior experience in medical office environment preferred
- Minimum of High school degree or equivalent
Job Knowledge & Skills:
- Demonstrates good use of the English language, both verbal and written as well as working knowledge of medical terminology within 1 year of hire date.
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills in order to interact effectively with all customers in a variety of situations.
- Demonstrates ability to evaluate a variety of patient situations and make timely decisions, made independently or with appropriate assistance.
- Demonstrates ability to work in fast-paced deadline oriented environment where proven ability to meet deadlines and constant communication are required.
- Demonstrates ability to create an atmosphere that promotes professionalism yet caring and empathy to the individual, so that the customer has confidence in the organization’s ability to resolve the need. Is able to defuse the upset or distressed customer and obtain their confidence in the organization’s ability to create a resolution. regarding all patient interactions for both clinical and financial activities..
- Ability to type 25 words per minute demonstrated through typing test administered by Lutheran Hospital Human Resources.
Equal Opportunity Employer