- Under the direction of the Phlebotomy Supervisor, provides support to technical staff in the identification, collection, logging, processing, and distribution of laboratory specimens and results.
- Performs registration of patients and other clerical duties.
Minimal Acceptable Job Qualifications
- Phlebotomy certification preferred, but not required.
- A minimum of six (6) months of Phlebotomy experience to include pediatric, adolescents, adults and geriatric guests preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Associates degree in related field (science, medical assisting, etc) preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrates working knowledge of Hospital service theme and/or physicians office.
- Demonstrates knowledge of computer systems.
- Requires analytical and organizational skills in order to provide efficiency for all patients that require their service.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal and communication skills, verbal and written, necessary to interact effectively with all internal and external customers.
- Must be able to perform phlebotomy on all ages (neonate, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric).
- Demonstrates ability to and requires knowledge of laboratory testing, medical terminology, data entry, reporting procedures and related laboratory equipment in order to process specimens appropriately.
- Requires a working knowledge of laboratory policies and procedures in regard to specimen collection, processing, testing and reporting; in addition to the operation and maintenance of related equipment in order to support uninterrupted services in assigned area(s).
- Must be able to accept responsibility, make independent decisions and interact with professionals.
- Must have the ability to manage multiple tasks/projects simultaneously.
Equal Opportunity Employer