- Under the immediate supervision of designated Nutritional Services management, prepares food for patients, cafeteria patrons and special functions.
- Follows a menu to prepare and cook meats, fish, poultry, gravies, cereals, soups, vegetables and other foods for service in an institutional setting.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of complicated tasks.
- May lead and direct the work of others.
- May report directly to a supervisor or manager. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
MINIMAL ACCEPTABLE JOB QUALIFICATIONS
- Six months to one year of experience producing and serving diverse dietary selections in an institutional environment.
- Minimum of a high school diploma or its equivalent (GED)
- Education may be waived in lieu of three to four years of experience in producing and serving diverse dietary selections in an institutional environment.
Job Knowledge & Skills:
- Demonstrates use of the English language, both verbal and written for use in reading recipes and production sheets, communicating needs, shortages and work progress, as well as safety issues.
- Demonstrates basic working knowledge of various cooking procedures for large quantities, recipe utilization, and Indiana State Board of Health regulations.
- Requires basic math skills for converting recipe quantities.
- Demonstrates basic interpersonal and communication skills necessary to interact effectively with all internal and external unit customers, as needed.
Equal Opportunity Employer