- Under the administrative leadership of the Chief Operating Officer (COO), is responsible for improving the quality and cost effectiveness of all medico-administrative matters related to clinical services and medical staff functions at the hospital.
- The Physician Advisor is a physician serving the hospital through teaching, consulting and advising both the case management department and the hospital on matters regarding physician practice patterns, over and under-utilization of resources, medical necessity, compliance rules and regulations, as well as collaborative relationships with payors and the community.
Minimal Acceptable Job Qualifications
- Doctoral Degree in medicine with internship from an accredited institution with the completion of a residency training program in an applicable medical specialty area.
- Licensed to practice medicine in the state of Indiana.
- Board certified in an applicable medical specialty.
- Three to five years in medical practice; experience in case and resource management
Job Knowledge & Skills
- Demonstrates working knowledge of the English language, verbal and written.
- Demonstrates in depth working knowledge of medical theory and practice, as well as extensive knowledge of physical assessment, differential diagnosis, pathophysiology, pharmacology and management of acute and chronic patient issues in a specialty area.
- Requires ability to balance medical knowledge with the application of utilization criteria.
- Requires working knowledge of payors and pay sources for use in utilization review/case management activities.
- Demonstrates in depth working knowledge of the normal growth, development, related behaviors, needs, comfort and range of treatment appropriate to ages of patients served in the specialty area to support the provision of an individualized multidisciplinary plan of care.
- Requires extensive analytical and organizational skills to review clinical protocols and procedures for use as a resource on hospital matters regarding physician practice patterns, over and under-utilization of resource, medical necessity and compliance rules and regulations.
- Requires a high level of leadership, group cohesion, and communication skills promoting teamwork and group achievement.
- Demonstrates an extremely high level of interpersonal and communication skills necessary to interact effectively with all internal and external unit customers, as needed.
Equal Opportunity Employer