Community Health Systems is one of the nation’s leading healthcare providers. Developing and operating healthcare delivery systems in 47 distinct markets across 16 states, CHS is committed to helping people get well and live healthier. CHS operates 79 acute-care hospitals and more than 1,000 other sites of care, including physician practices, urgent care centers, freestanding emergency departments, occupational medicine clinics, imaging centers, cancer centers and ambulatory surgery centers.
This is a full time management level role that will be engaged from the initial design phase all the way through the implementation go live events and continue to be the Subject Matter expert of the Finance module in Oracle ERP. During Design the App owner will work to identify the necessary business process needed for Design Sessions, schedule these sessions, and incorporate all key stakeholders to gain input. During the implementation, the App owner will work with the implementation team to translate these design decisions into the actual system. They will do this to ensure that the application serves its intended purpose and delivers value to the business. They will represent stakeholders, customers, and partners as the lead of their domain bringing in subject matter experts where necessary. They will need to understand and enable regulatory compliance within their domain. Provide appropriate operational, management and technical controls feedback. They will also support the business by prioritizing product backlog and helping deliver on design decisions. During cutover they will observe and manage their team's tasks to ensure on time completion and successful go live. They will work to develop the post implementation operating model, and ensure the organization is organized for success.
Essential Duties and Job Functions:
- Creates the design of the organization, business rules, and future state business processes within their domain based on the vision of the executive sponsors.
- Leads design sessions within their domain and provides significant input and expertise of the current state operations in order to create the future state.
- Coordinates with project team members to drive execution of project plan; removes barriers to timely completion of domain-specific tasks
- Monitors progress, resolves issues, and initiates corrective action as appropriate
- Provides resources and information when discussing areas relevant or that impact their specific area to insure project stays on track and meets intended goals and deliverables.
- Weighs in on decisions that impact stakeholder groups.
- Champions the project by actively engaging peers and staff and disseminating consistent messaging about the project
- Communicates with business process owners to gain insight, clarification and approval of process-related project decisions
- Supports communications and change management activities with domain stakeholders; ensures clarity of project goals and benefits During the implementation, the App owner will work with implementation team to understand design and decisions to be effective in this role post deployment.
- Ensure that the application serves its intended purpose and delivers value to the business
- Represent stakeholders, customers, and partners and understand and enable regulatory compliance and provide appropriate operational, management and technical controls
- Full understanding of Year End Close, Financial Reporting & Analysis, Security process that would allow users to perform required actions and access to data, concepts of OTBI and query for Inquiring and Analyzing GL Balances,
- Smartview reports, Interfaces and support during Conversions
- Full understanding of Finance workflows, catalog, documentation and maintenance requirements and understand release management impact on the Oracle ERP system
- Core concert understanding of enterprise structures, legal entities in relation to Chart of accounts and business units
- Good working understanding of month end close procedures, allocation rules and procedures, configuration GL
- Business units and company hierarchy, knowledge of ledgers, intercompany setup, subledger accounting and importing journal entries
- Application owner supports the business by prioritizing product backlog and helping deliver business outcomes
- Ensure technical and business decisions are made with confidence of business owners
- Identify areas of improvement and develop a long-term quality improvement program that encompasses the technology and business aspects of the software application
- 5-7 years’ or more of experience in the specified domain
- At Least 3 years of experience working with Oracle ERP system or a similar ERP system in the Finance module
- 5-7 years' or more of experience managing a team of domain specific members
- BS/BA degree in Finance, or equivalent level of work experience
- Certification(s) or hands on experience working in one or more specific Financial functional groups Ability to analyze complex business problems and evaluate data solutions
- Ability to communicate financial solutions to business partners in a meaningful way
- Ability to oversee projects, manage resources and influence outcomes beyond line management structures
- Strong analytical, communication, time-management, facilitation, presentation, influencing and project/portfolio management skills
- Ability to conduct comprehensive cost/benefit, fit-gap and pro/con analysis
- Demonstrated discipline, analytical skills, problem-solving abilities and attention to detail
- Independent, self-motivated, self-managing, proactive and responsive with a bias for action and results
- High level of personal integrity consistent with the company’s core values