*25,000 sign on bonus to eligible RNs*
Sign On Bonus! $25,000.00
Relocation assistance Available
Seeking, a full-time Perinatal Education Clinical Coordinator with five or more years of nursing experience to work alongside the Director of Women's Services. The department is a secure, 15 LDR unit with 2 OR's 3 recovery rooms and 4 triage rooms in the main campus of Laredo Medical Center. Opportunities to cross-train and float to the other women service are available with experience. The Hospital is located in sunny Laredo, Texas, just 150 miles south of historic San Antonio. Sign-on and relocation bonuses are available for eligible applicants! Skype or other Virtual Interviewing Processes (VIP) is available for out-of-town applicants. Read a full position description below.
Position's Purpose and Essential Functions:
- Direct and oversee the daily activities of the Labor and Delivery Unit and assure optimal patient flow and satisfaction. Serves as the resource person in the unit.
- Assists with patient care as needed. Analyzes workloads and skills requirements to meet patient care needs. Delegates tasks to appropriate personnel to meet the unit goals.
- Demonstrate effective and clear communications with the hospital customers.
- Develops and supports departmental productivity and budgets.
- Maintain accurate, detailed reports and records.
- Actively participate in reduction of HACS and pressure ulcers in the unit.
- Participate in creation, review, or modification of hospital and unit policies.
- Evaluate the current best practices and incorporate the evidence based practices available to the unit.
- Participate in unit and hospital audits and quality measures improvement.
- Demonstrate multi-tasking ability.
- Assess the number and competency level of staff in each assigned patient and adjust staffing appropriately to meet the patient care needs.
- Identify issues in nursing care delivery and find solutions with the guidance of Labor and Delivery Director/ACNO/CNO.
- Participate in interview and hiring process for new staff members.
- Coordinates student clinical experiences with faculty from different nursing schools.
- Ensure staff awareness of L&D safety practices and procedures.
- May conduct departmental meetings and daily safety huddles.
Applicants Job Requirements Include:
- Required: Graduate of an accredited RN program.
- Preferred: BSN ,MSN or associated field preferred.
- Required: Five years relevant clinical experience. Preferred, one to three years of supervisory experience such as a Charge Nurse, or other position of enhanced supervision would be applicable.
- Required: Strong communication, organizational, prioritization, and planning skills.
- Required: Licensed as a R.N. by the Texas State Board of Registered Nurse Examiners.
- Required: CPR within 30 days of hire.
- Required: ACLS, and NRP. Some may be completed within first 90 days of hire cost-free at the Hospital.
- Required: Basic Fetal Monitoring.
- Preferred: Advanced Fetal Monitoring.
- Preferred: TNCC and PALS Recommended.
Must successfully pass any pre-employment assessment(s) required by the facility.
Sign-on and relocation available for eligible candidates.
2 Letters of Recommendation