It's an exciting time to join our team at DeTar Healthcare System in Victoria, TX! We believe in the power of people to create great care. We're more than 1,200 healthcare professionals strong. Our two fully-functioning acute care hospitals, DeTar Hospital Navarro and DeTar Hospital North, have been recognized for providing quality care by the Joint Commission. And we work hard every day to be a place of healing, caring and connection for patients and families in the community we call home. You’ll be part of a team with physicians, nurses, and other healthcare professionals that promotes a culture of empathy and innovation. You develop new ideas and solutions to challenges and we’ll listen - and collaborate with you to make them a reality. We can’t wait to have you join your second family!
- Dual registered Echo/ Vascular Technologist under general supervision according to established policies and procedures.
- Performs routine and complex echocardiography and vascular duplex ultrasound examinations.
- Performs and provides preliminary interpretation of studies performed.
- Examinations performed may include, but are not limited to, trans-thoracic, trans-esophageal, stress and contrast echocardiograms (utilizing commercially prepared contrast agents), peripheral venous and arterial exams, extra cranial cerebrovascular exams, visceral vascular and/or renal vascular exams.
- Three to six months orientation to department policies, procedures protocols and equipment is typically required.
- Graduate of an approved program of echocardiography and vascular technology/sonography, non-invasive cardiovascular technology.
- At least 1 year of previous Echo/Vascular related experience required.
- Registry in echocardiography and vascular technology/sonography by either the American registry of Diagnostic Sonographers or Cardiovascular Credentialing International.
- Must be able to demonstrate advanced knowledge and skill in the performance of trans-thoracic contrast echocardiograms.
- Experience in placing intravenous lines and administration of IV medications is desirable.
- Experience in EKG interpretation and cardiac and vascular stress testing is preferred.