*$5,000 Sign-On Bonus Available*
At Gadsden Regional Medical Center, we believe in the power of people to create great care! We look forward to you becoming our next Cardiovascular Tech IV, FT Days (with call) at our 346 bed full service acute care facility. We offer a family friendly work environment, perfect for a new grad looking to start their career or an experienced nurse looking to make a change!
Gadsden Regional Medical Center is located in Gadsden, AL which offers a variety of attractions, such as top tier public schools, museums, and nature. You can hike one of our beautiful trails, fish along the Coosa River, or visit Noccalula Falls. Enjoy a quaint night out on Broad Street or enjoy a beautiful mountain sunset. From golf, hiking, fishing, children's museums and Noccalula Falls, there are lots of things to do and see in this beautiful city.
- High School Graduate
- 1 year Cath Lab experience (Required)
- Cath Lab Scrub or Monitor experience (Preferred)
- BLS within 7 days of hire. (Required)
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) or Registered Cardiovascular Invasive Specialist (RCIS) in good standing
- Under the general supervision of the Department Director, and the direct guidance of the RN Team Leader,
the Cardiovascular Technologist IV provides clinical and technical assistance for the performance of
diagnostic and interventional procedures in the cardiovascular and peripheral systems to aid the physician in the diagnosis and treatment of heart and vascular disorders in the Cardiac Catheterization Lab.
- The Cardiovascular Technologist IV provides quality care based on identified needs and physician orders
according to hospital/department standards, policies and procedures.
- The Cardiovascular Technologist IV is a team member who is responsible for various duties related to the care of the patient.
- The Cardiovascular Technologist IV prepares the patient for the test and explains procedures. Assists in conducting tests to aid in diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular systems using a variety of specialized equipment. Circulates
during invasive procedures, which includes the duties of patient education, treating patient under physician/
RN Team Leader’s direction, and assisting the scrub technologist and physician. Exhibits knowledge of
sterile technique and of supplies and equipment used. Processes all required paperwork, has knowledge of
all supplies and the contents of the stock rooms. Effectively communicates with patients, family, and other
health care team members. Demonstrates strong interpersonal relationship skills in interacting with co-
workers, leadership, and other health care workers. Promotes team work. The Cardiovascular Technologist
IV also functions in the inventory specialist role with responsibilities including managing the inventory daily by completing daily supply order to maintain adequate supply levels and checking supplies in upon receipt in department.
- The Cardiovascular Technologist IV is responsible for assisting with obtaining quotes for purchasing/ introducing new equipment and supplies.
- The Cardiovascular Technologist IV is required to participate in the semi-annual departmental inventory count.
- The Cardiovascular Technologist IV is required to be ARRT registered or RCIS registered. The Cardiovascular Technologist IV is required to maintain currency of annual competencies.
***On call is a requirement of a full-time CV Tech***
About Gadsden Regional Medical Center
Gadsden Regional Medical Center is your community healthcare provider, a 346-bed facility with inpatient and outpatient care. We are Joint Commission certified in hip and knee replacements and have top-rated programs in cardiology and emergency care. We are proud to partner with The DAISY Foundation to honor the compassionate care of our extraordinary nurses.
We work hard every day to be a place of healing, caring and connection for patients and families in Gadsden, Albertville, Attalla, Boaz, Fort Payne, Glencoe, Hokes Bluff, Jacksonville, Leesburg, Piedmont, Rainbow City, Southside, Steele, Wellington and surrounding communities.