The Senior Accounting position supports the company by assisting the Director of Finance/Controller with the preparation of journal entries, monthly close responsibilities, general ledger reconciliations, accounts payable processing, and other special projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform comprehensive expense analysis, including accrual accounting for expected and anticipated expenses at a higher level.
- Review of expenses posted to the general ledger for proper reporting, including Corporate and CHS intercompany invoices.
- Accurately report long term and short term expenses. Complete monthly close responsibilities, journal entries, trend review, and creation of monthly operating reports.
- Statistical reporting to Administration. Compilation and review of Cost Report for corporate reporting. Complete general ledger balance sheet reconciliations.
- Provide other support to the Director of Finance/Controller by completing special projects and other periodically assigned duties.
- Bachelors in Accounting required
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in accounting preferred. Prior hospital experience preferred
- Skilled knowledge & experience with Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge & experience with Google Docs
Benefits of working at Northwest Health:
- Comprehensive benefit package including health, dental and vision which can include your spouse and/or children
- Benefit eligibility date the 1st day of the following month after start
- Eligible for Tuition Reimbursement up to $5,000 per year
Who are we?
Northwest Health - Porter includes two hospital campuses as well as outpatient facilities serving Northwest Indiana. We endeavor to provide you and your family appropriate and safe care in a friendly, welcoming environment.
As a healthcare provider committed to quality and compassionate care, Northwest Health - Porter emphasizes patient experience, quality outcomes and respect for the dignity and comfort of our patients and their visiting family members.
Why should you join us?
- Healthcare is a long lasting growing industry. This is somewhere you can build a career.
- Our accounting department is focused on teamwork and working well with each other.
- We work with a variety of tasks to build your accounting skills and knowledge. We work on the
accounting for the hospital, physician’s group as well as the emergency services.
- There is growth potential within our department as well as other departments within the
Porter County is approximately 45 miles from Chicago and 45 minutes from South Bend and the University of Notre Dame. School systems in Porter County continue to exceed state and national norms and have been named “Best Buy” school corporations by the Indiana State Chamber of Commerce. Just a short drive away, Indiana Dunes offers hiking trails and the beach.