Join Our Exceptional Team at Cedar Park Regional Medical Center
Cedar Park Regional Medical Center, located just minutes from downtown Austin, is thrilled to invite you to be part of our dynamic team. As a level IV Designated Trauma Center, we're home to over 600 dedicated healthcare professionals who collaborate to provide top-tier inpatient, outpatient, surgical, and emergency care for Cedar Park and the greater Austin region.
Our 126-bed facility is more than just a healthcare provider; it's a community where we believe in the power of people to create extraordinary care. We're proud to be Joint Commission accredited, designated as a Primary Stroke Center, and equipped with a Level II Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. Every day, we strive to be a place of healing, compassion, and connection for our patients and their families. Join us, and you'll be part of a team that promotes a culture of empathy and innovation. Your ideas and solutions matter to us, and we're eager to collaborate with you to bring them to life. Welcome to your second family!
- The position is for an experienced Echo Tech, with the role being PRN as-needed basis, plus on-call responsibilities.
- The Echo Tech, under the supervision of a Cardiologist, conducts routine and complex echocardiography and vascular duplex ultrasound examinations and provides preliminary interpretations.
- The examinations performed may include Trans-Thoracic Echocardiograms, Trans-Esophageal Echocardiograms, Stress Echocardiograms, and Contrast Echocardiograms.
- The Echo Tech is responsible for patient identification and entering patient demographics into the Echo machine.
- They make reports available to patient charts and physicians.
- Filing and retrieving reports of procedures performed in the department.
- Operating the Echo PACS computer and completing preliminary reports for the doctor's review.
- Efficient and effective resource utilization, maintaining a safe environment, and addressing patient population-specific needs are part of the responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of an Associate's of Applied Science Degree in Cardiac Sonography or a related degree program is required.
- Current certification from the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) in Diagnostics Cardiac Sonographer (RDCS) in Adult Echocardiography (AE) is required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification from the American Heart Association is required upon hire.
- A minimum of one (1) year of adult echocardiography experience in an acute care setting is desired, with pediatric experience being a plus.
- Advanced knowledge and skill in the performance of Trans-Thoracic Contrast Echocardiograms is required.
- Experience in placing intravenous lines and administration of IV medications is desirable.
- Knowledge of EKG interpretation and cardiac stress testing is preferred.
- The candidate must be willing to be on-call during after-hours, weekends, and holidays as necessary.
What is Offered:
- Competitive Pay with Shift Differentials
- Medical, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance
- Generous Paid Time-Off (PTO)
- Extended Illness Bank (EIB)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- RN Loan Repayment Program
- Matching 401(k)
- Clinical Ladder Program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Rewards and recognition programs
- Additional perks and discounts
This position presents an opportunity for experienced Echo Techs to join a dedicated team at Cedar Park Regional Medical Center and contribute to providing high-quality healthcare services to the community. The offered benefits and opportunities for career growth make it an attractive option for healthcare professionals in this field.