New starting rates of pay - contact us for more information!
- Under the leadership of assigned Patient Access management, receives, collects and records information from patients in order to complete registration for hospital services.
- Coordinates admissions process and communicates with physician offices, nursing and other service areas to promote timely and accurate registration process.
- Verifies insurance benefits, documents pre-authorization/pre-certification when necessary, assesses need/eligibility for financial assistance, and collects applicable co-pays and/or deductibles.
- Provides support in assisting patients and family members with resolution of all their financial needs by establishing payment arrangements or financial assistance determination. This includes partial payments, payment-in-full settlements, Medicaid eligibility assistance and charity application processing.
- Promotes patient satisfaction, follows community cares standards serving as a liaison on behalf of hospital and patient.
Minimal Acceptable Job Qualifications
- Minimum of two years of experience which included a combination of customer service and financial transaction experience.
- Minimum of one to five years experience in a patient accounting or access area preferred.
- Minimum of a high school graduate or equivalent (GED)
- Minimum of one to five years experience in a patient accounting or access area preferred
Job Knowledge & Skills:
- Demonstrates good use of the English language, both verbal and written as well as working knowledge of medical terminology within 1 year of hire date.
- Requires well-developed organizational skills and basic office operations including filing, to assure appropriate documentation and follow-through to meet the patient and department needs.
- Demonstrates well developed interpersonal and communication skills necessary to interact effectively with internal and external customers as needed. Ability to react, respond appropriately in a variety of people situations. Able to evaluate a variety of patient situations and make timely decisions, made independently or with appropriate assistance.
- Demonstrates ability to work in fast-paced deadline oriented environment where proven ability to meet deadlines and constant communication are required.
- Capability to complete data entry efficiently and accurately, able to analyze financial data.
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills in order to interact effectively with all customers in a variety of situations.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel as well as fluent in Google Sheets and Docs.
Demonstrates ability to create an atmosphere that promotes professionalism yet caring and empathy to the individual, so that the customer has confidence in the organization’s ability to resolve the need.
Able to defuse the upset or distressed customer and obtain their confidence in the organization’s ability to create a resolution.
Continually strives to suggest and implement ways to improve personal, departmental and institutional performance significantly related to meeting and exceeding customer satisfaction.
Equal Opportunity Employer