Northwest Health - Starke
Location KNOX, IN (Northwest Health - Starke)
Department Laboratory - Clinical
Conducts various clinical laboratory tests and procedures to obtain data and provide information for use in the diagnosis and treatment of disease under the direction of the Section Leader or Medical Technologist in the assigned area.
1. Essential Functions:
Documents instrument maintenance and minor repairs. Documents instrument down time and malfunctions. Performs periodic maintenance according to the established requirements. Participates in proficiency testing surveys and assists in any investigations and/or corrections in CAP deficiencies.
Maintains a general understanding of test theory as acquired through formal education, experience and continuing education.
Follows established safety procedures according to OSHA standards and La Porte Hospital departmental policy. Maintains cleanliness of department and working area at all times.
Helps compile monthly workload statistics and quality control records in the absence of the Section Leader.
Performs troubleshooting, and with supervision, performs advanced troubleshooting on select instruments and/or equipment. Uses problem-solving skills when assessing test result accuracy/reliability to identify causes for unexpected test result.
Understands the impact of testing activities on billing and submission of credits. IE cancellation or repeat testing due to hemolysis.
Assists in training on new personnel and assists in developing student skills through clinical rotations.
2. Attitude - Provides highest quality service and meeting customers' needs with utmost kindness, care, compassion, courtesy, empathy, respect and friendliness. Always acknowledges and serves customers with a friendly, open smile and direct eye contact.
3. Appearance - Takes pride in personal appearance, the facility and its surroundings.
4. Commitment to Coworkers - Recognizes we are linked to one another by a common purpose; serving our patients and our community, that we are team members with our physicians and co-workers, and that we each deserve respect and support.
5. Communication - Listens attentively to our customers to fully understand needs. Pays close attention to both verbal and non-verbal communication. Is committed to exceeding customers' expectations and providing more than what is expected.
6. Customer Waiting - Provides prompt service, keeps customers informed regarding the time in which the service will be performed and makes customers comfortable while they are waiting.
7. Privacy – Maintains customer privacy and confidentiality
8. Responsiveness - Acknowledges every approaching patient or family member. Responds in a way that demonstrates the care, courtesy and respect our customers deserve.
9. Safety Awareness - Ensures an accident-free environment. Establishes, promotes and monitors a proactive innovative approach to enhance hospital and patient safety. Adheres to and ensures compliance with Joint commission Patient Safety Goals and hospital safety policies.
10. Sense of Ownership - Demonstrates a sense of ownership in their job, takes pride in what they do, and how they do it. Accepts responsibility for and is in control of the job that needs to be done
11. Team Member is accountable for areas of responsibility meeting regulatory requirements including but not limited to maintaining annual TB testing, completing annual mandatories (ALC and competency), and maintaining current registration/certification/licensures as appropriate to position requirements.