Northwest Health - Starke
Location KNOX, IN (Northwest Health - Starke)
Department Plant Operations and Main
Field Maintenance Facilities and Engineering
As a Facilities Manager, this position, manages, coordinates, and monitors the maintenance, repair and
administrative activities of electrical, plumbing, painting, general maintenance and heating, ventilating and air
conditioning (HVAC) functions and the security functions. This position ensures compliance with the requirements
of the appropriate regulatory and accreditation agencies.
? A HS diploma or GED is required
? Possessing a certificate from an accredited trade school/college or a 2-year degree from an accredited
technical school/college is preferred.
? Minimum of one (1) years’ experience in lead/supervisory role with at least one (1) years’ experience in a
relevant lead/supervisory role preferred.
General knowledge and understanding of all plant equipment operation. Directs daily engineering service
operations to ensure associates have appropriate equipment and resources to perform their jobs and meet
goals and deadlines. Supervises day-to-day work activities by delegating authority, assigning and prioritizing
activities and monitoring operating standards.
2. Ensures proper operations of building(s) through managing, maintaining and regulating systems such as
HVAC, electronic, plumbing, physical plant operations, security, fire control and pressure steam systems.
3. Provide technical expertise and assistance to all engineering and security services staff. Establishes a safe
work environment for associates by providing safety-related training and equipment maintenance.
4. Follow all department policies and procedures in place and assist in developing the same. Ensures
compliance with all federal, state and local regulations. Establishes operating standards, implements quality
improvements and communicates them to associates.
5. Participates in Safety Committee Activities and is active in Safety and Security Reporting.
6. Attitude - Provides highest quality service and meeting customers' needs with utmost kindness, care,
compassion, courtesy, empathy, respect and friendliness. Always acknowledges and serves customers with a
friendly, open smile and direct eye contact.
7. Appearance - Takes pride in personal appearance, the facility and its surroundings.
8. Commitment to Coworkers - Recognizes we are linked to one another by a common purpose; serving our
patients and our community, that we are team members with our physicians and co-workers, and that we each
deserve respect and support.
9. Communication - Listens attentively to our customers to fully understand needs. Pays close attention to both
verbal and non-verbal communication. Is committed to exceeding customers' expectations and providing more
than what is expected.
10. Customer Waiting - Provides prompt service, keeps customers informed regarding the time in which the
service will be performed and makes customers comfortable while they are waiting.
11. Privacy – Maintains customer privacy and confidentiality
12. Responsiveness - Acknowledges every approaching patient or family member. Responds in a way that
demonstrates the care, courtesy and respect our customers deserve.
13. Safety Awareness - Ensures an accident-free environment. Establishes, promotes and monitors a proactive
innovative approach to enhance hospital and patient safety. Adheres to and ensures compliance with Joint
commission Patient Safety Goals and hospital safety policies.
14. Sense of Ownership - Demonstrates a sense of ownership in their job, takes pride in what they do, and how
they do it. Accepts responsibility for and is in control of the job that needs to be done
15. Team Member is accountable for areas of responsibility meeting regulatory requirements including but not
limited to maintaining annual TB testing, completing annual mandatories (ALC and competency), and
maintaining current registration/certification/licensures as appropriate to position requirements.